The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning, Mark. Can you make her a little tent?🤔

Good morning, Sue. Are you baking a cake for the birthday boy?

Happy Easter, IM.

Good morning, happy Easter! Good luck with finding them homes!

Happy Easter, Sour.

Send some to Blooie too. If she's going to mow dirt, she needs the good stuff. 🤣
Hi Janie :frow Nope, he picked brownies and we have ice cream to go with. Cakes just go to waste with just the two of us.

Good morning, Mark. Can you make her a little tent?🤔

Good morning, Sue. Are you baking a cake for the birthday boy?

Happy Easter, IM.

Good morning, happy Easter! Good luck with finding them homes!

Happy Easter, Sour.

Send some to Blooie too. If she's going to mow dirt, she needs the good stuff. 🤣
I got a better Idea. I'll give her the one I live in and get myself a new one. :lau

Hello everyone - thought I'd better come and wish you all a Happy Easter. I haven't been on BYC for ages. Birds seem to take over my life.

We are having the annual battle with mites and I think we might be winning (finally) if the damn sparrows would just stay away. All my chickens gave up on laying really early this year, though occasionally I get the odd, tiny bantam egg. Then again, I have one broody bantam in a tree (I think there's only one) and another hen on eggs in a blackberry bush). I'm hoping they don't hatch anything as I already have 13 chicks I took off 2 other hens. One nest was absolutely infested with mites! Yuck! Poor babies!

We've also had a plague of mice. It's been crazy this year. We've caught lots in traps and have been through so much bait it's not funny. I think we are finally winning there too though.

My white pair of cockatiels decided to have a very late clutch of babies. They hatched 3 but the youngest died. I was going to bring it inside as it seemed to be falling further and further behind the other 2, but I wasn't quite quick enough and I found it dead the morning I was sorted to bring it inside. Then the younger of those 2 started to fall behind (first time parents tend to favour the oldest chick in the nest), and I didn't want another dead baby, so I brought the younger one inside. I much prefer to bring them in at 3 weeks old but this baby was only 2 weeks old, though honestly it looked younger than that.

I can't tell if it is a boy or girl but I know the older one still out with the parents is a girl. I'm hoping they are both girls. :fl

I haven't got any recent photos but here it was a 2 weeks old:
White baby 2.jpg
It looks much prettier now but it is still a ways behind its sister. It's hard to get a nice photo of something that roars at you like a banshee for food! :lol: Our son has called it Crumbs.

And here's a beautiful double rainbow we had the other day - it was so vivid and close:
Rainbow 2.jpg
Rainbow 3.jpg

Today is stormy and horrible. ⛈️ It's very windy, very rainy, dark and dreary. But it's the first storm for quite some time and the ground needs a good watering. A good day to catch up on BYC!

Hello everyone - thought I'd better come and wish you all a Happy Easter. I haven't been on BYC for ages. Birds seem to take over my life.

We are having the annual battle with mites and I think we might be winning (finally) if the damn sparrows would just stay away. All my chickens gave up on laying really early this year, though occasionally I get the odd, tiny bantam egg. Then again, I have one broody bantam in a tree (I think there's only one) and another hen on eggs in a blackberry bush). I'm hoping they don't hatch anything as I already have 13 chicks I took off 2 other hens. One nest was absolutely infested with mites! Yuck! Poor babies!

We've also had a plague of mice. It's been crazy this year. We've caught lots in traps and have been through so much bait it's not funny. I think we are finally winning there too though.

My white pair of cockatiels decided to have a very late clutch of babies. They hatched 3 but the youngest died. I was going to bring it inside as it seemed to be falling further and further behind the other 2, but I wasn't quite quick enough and I found it dead the morning I was sorted to bring it inside. Then the younger of those 2 started to fall behind (first time parents tend to favour the oldest chick in the nest), and I didn't want another dead baby, so I brought the younger one inside. I much prefer to bring them in at 3 weeks old but this baby was only 2 weeks old, though honestly it looked younger than that.

I can't tell if it is a boy or girl but I know the older one still out with the parents is a girl. I'm hoping they are both girls. :fl

View attachment 3067128
It looks much prettier now but it is still a ways behind its sister. It's hard to get a nice photo of something that roars at you like a banshee for food! :lol: Our son has called it Crumbs.

And here's a beautiful double rainbow we had the other day - it was so vivid and close:
View attachment 3067135
View attachment 3067136

Today is stormy and horrible. ⛈️ It's very windy, very rainy, dark and dreary. But it's the first storm for quite some time and the ground needs a good watering. A good day to catch up on BYC!
Hi Jae, good to see you. Happy Easter! Beautiful pictures!

View attachment 3067128

View attachment 3067135
View attachment 3067136

Hi. Jae. Welcome back & Happy Easter!
As always, your pictures are fabulous. That bird is something... I've never seen a baby, it is so primative.

View attachment 3067128

View attachment 3067135
View attachment 3067136

Hi Jae, happy Easter to you too! How nice to see one of your little funny bugs again and the double rainbow pictures are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom