The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I know darn well Debby is out partying.

If I lived near you, I would ask you to go with me. I don't have my boat anymore. I did fish the lake for many years. My work partner was a charter boat captain. He taught me many things about fishing the lake it can get dangerous. We have these things called rouge waves. One day me and my family were out there no wind beautiful morning, lake was like glass. There were coast guard in helicopters kept flying over us. I was in the back of the boat teaching my son to drive. I just happened to look Northwest and sighted a huge rogue heading directly at us. I yelled at my son to get off the wheel and go to the back of the boat by this time Susie is screaming! I Got hold of the wheel and told them to hang on I headed straight for it a fifteen ft high wall of water! Wow you talk about a ride. We made it through it. I did the right thing thanks to my partner teaching me all the hazards and how to avoid them. Thank God! Two people in a small boat were not so lucky that day! the coast guard told us they had drowned when their boat was overturned by the wave. They think these waves are caused by earthquakes in the lake.
Yes, I wouldn't make much of a Captain but I've always known to head into the waves.
Good morning everyone. Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable labor day.

G’morning all. Hubs is sick too, he goes to the minute clinic today for a formal Covid test and some Paxlovid. I find it ironic that the drugs were made in china :hmm It gives you a horrible taste in your mouth for hours, brushing and using mouthwash don’t help. Anyway, so far this round isn’t any worse than the first time I had it a few years ago. I’ve had the regular seasonal flu do worse, not that I’m shaking a stick at it or anything though. So far I’ve been better off than my daughter, crazy since I’m the old fogey former smoker with high blood pressure.l:idunno Anyway, my energy is starting to wane and I didn’t sleep well at all, think I’m gonna take a nap. Enjoy your holiday all.

G’morning all. Hubs is sick too, he goes to the minute clinic today for a formal Covid test and some Paxlovid. I find it ironic that the drugs were made in china :hmm It gives you a horrible taste in your mouth for hours, brushing and using mouthwash don’t help. Anyway, so far this round isn’t any worse than the first time I had it a few years ago. I’ve had the regular seasonal flu do worse, not that I’m shaking a stick at it or anything though. So far I’ve been better off than my daughter, crazy since I’m the old fogey former smoker with high blood pressure.l:idunno Anyway, my energy is starting to wane and I didn’t sleep well at all, think I’m gonna take a nap. Enjoy your holiday all.
Feel better soon

It was HUGE! Looked even bigger in person lol

IMG_2770.jpeg

IM, sorry to hear Igor has it now too. Hope the kids can stay healthy. How is your daughter? :hugs

I hope you are all better soon.

Back
Top Bottom