The Old Folks Home

Yep. Pretty much anything loose is fair game for the prior owner to take unless otherwise noted in the sales contract. Appliances are typically defined as included or excluded. Anything else is included UNLESS specifically excluded in the contract. I would contact your lawyer and see if you can't get some money out of those scumbags. Maybe take them to small claims court so you don't have legal fees.

Not a scumbag, just a partially demented little old lady in the wind to out-of-state Texas. My realtor was with me on the final walk-thru and contacted the Seller's agent before we had left the property. A check is on the way! Nice not to have to figure out all the court stuff.

I found this video the other day on stone age Nordic nut bread.
Some might like to try it. Lot's of nuts and seeds in it.

That nut bread looks like fruit cake, bet it tastes a lot better though lol.

Those exact words went through my head.

Used to see a lot of roosters up Napa way off near American Canyon Road. They had houses that were half 55-gal metal drums and a lot of them would perch on top of them. I believe they had a raid at some point and all the roos were put down. I think some of the hens may have been adopted out.

Not a scumbag, just a partially demented little old lady in the wind to out-of-state Texas. My realtor was with me on the final walk-thru and contacted the Seller's agent before we had left the property. A check is on the way! Nice not to have to figure out all the court stuff.

Those exact words went through my head.

Used to see a lot of roosters up Napa way off near American Canyon Road. They had houses that were half 55-gal metal drums and a lot of them would perch on top of them. I believe they had a raid at some point and all the roos were put down. I think some of the hens may have been adopted out.
I remember that from the news.

Sadly a person breeding heritage chicken had his taken away because of the rooster law. He sued and got money from the county(I think it was Sanomoa county). The law was applied incorrectly to him. The rooster were dead though and the guy had to restart his breeding program

It's here in MO also but the first indication I've had of it was the Amish neighbor I mentioned who was approached with the offer to raise game birds for that which must not be mentioned. I really respected him for telling the guy no it was against his principals.

Very sad for the roosters that they were put down while the hens were adopted but given what they are conditioned to do from the time they grow their first feathers it's probably the only option.

What is funny, well at least to me, is that I have about 25 little roosters from that rooster given to our neighbor. The worst any one of them has done to me is an indignant bite when I pick them up and then a quick dangle by the ankles and a dominant down and they seldom do it a second time and I've only seen that behavior in one or two boys. Every one of them will let me pick them up whenever I want to. The young birds like to tussle with one another but the breeders in with the hens have their pecking order and Pepper and Twonky, the two Alphas keep the others in line along with Lord Percival, the beta. I never see the breeders fighting. They will treat the standard sized roosters with extreme prejudice but for the most part my experience with OEGBs has been a good one that I'm going to continue.

We usually had to put the cockerels down as they had been trained to fight
and seemed they were just mean all the time
Some breeds just naturally are. Not sure if all of them are, but I think the smaller breeds they use for that subject we don't talk about are?
I found it interesting that the big game birds, Malay, Shamo, etc while you don't want more than one rooster cause they will fight, those breeds are actually very people friendly and not skittish or flighty at all from what I've read, even the roosters. It's just the roosters don't tolerate competition for breeding.
I would love a big ole Malay or Shamo, capon , so I could have it with the rest of the flock, as velociraptor yard candy.

I think I will start out with the Standard sized Old English Games. Seems like they would have a decent chance of surviving free ranging at my farm where there isn't anyone around to watch out for them. I am thinking about rigging something with RFID leg bands so that the pop door will only open for a banded bird, so no preditors can get in the coup or run, but the birds can free range and as long as they don't lose their leg band they should be fine.

I found this video the other day on stone age Nordic nut bread.
Some might like to try it. Lot's of nuts and seeds in it.
Looks like one's denture adhesive better be working really well to eat that!

:wee

I believe they had a raid at some point and all the roos were put down.
Too bad they didn't put down the people raising the roosters for illegal purposes.

I actually got on a website dedicated to the subject, clicked on a pic of a massive Malay and that's where it took me. Guy was just showing the difference between a tall American Malay and what they actually look like overseas. It was a international site, but plenty from the US on it.
Seems like the tools of the trade would be illegal also, why would the attachable blade thingys be legal? Maybe they're not IDK?
'Pyxis' pointed out awhile back that there was some for sale on EBay, bunch of us flagged it but it didn't come down. Was even stated in the description what they were for, and didn't say anything like 'for educational purposes/history collection etc only' and it was being sold from one of the southern states, South Carolina if I remember right.
I don't think I've ever seen a crack pipe on EBay. IDK, maybe there is those water pipes 'for tobacco use only' and such but I've never seen something that was for obvious illegal use.

Back
Top Bottom