The Old Folks Home

Whoa, it's been quiet here tonight

SCG, smelling bad might be a good repellant...

Latestsrter, that might be a good idea, but would involve a bit of a trek, we usually don't do our dog walks that late.

Whoa, it's been quiet here tonight

SCG, smelling bad might be a good repellant...

Latestsrter, that might be a good idea, but would involve a bit of a trek, we usually don't do our dog walks that late.

Ahhhh, sometimes we have to make a little sacrifice for the shot. I was up way past my bed time to get the light painting and Milky Way pictures and scaled a waterfall to get to the top for the top of the falls shots I got yesterday. SCG will attest that I will go "full goat girl" to get a shot.
wink.png

Yeah, I could really do without the heat, like you the ideal place without cold or snow and no real heat is difficult to find. Hawaii is the closest I've come to.
I haven't been to Hawaii. The best year round climate I've ever found is on high mountains in Central America. Like on the upper slopes of volcanoes.

I finished my trapper course today and got my seal of approval to get my license. Just one more thing in my arsenal against predators. And I smell terrible.
Congratulations, so Maine makes you take a course for the permit?
They're pretty strict aren't they? I watch the TV show of the Maine wildlife agents. It's pretty good.
There's no course required for trapping in MO, just a hunting permit. There used to be a furbearer trapping permit but it has been rescinded. There still is one for non-residents. I'm too old to worry about the courses. If one was born in 1967 or later, they need a hunter education course. I'm grandfathered.

Ahhhh, sometimes we have to make a little sacrifice for the shot. I was up way past my bed time to get the light painting and Milky Way pictures and scaled a waterfall to get to the top for the top of the falls shots I got yesterday. SCG will attest that I will go "full goat girl" to get a shot.
wink.png

It's worth it.
The pictures posted here are amazing.

DiDi, I know you like outdoor, landscape, and nature shots, but have you thought about doing set up shots of chickens, like at poultry shows? I know that the shows are always looking for someone to do the pictures, and it is usually anyone they can find with a camera. I think that if someone set up a booth, they could charge for really good pics of those show winners and/or any others that people are proud of.......just a thought.............

Back
Top Bottom