The Old Folks Home

First shop towed my car to another shop this afternoon.

Second shop hasn't looked at it yet (maybe tomorrow) but first shop says my transmission is busted and while it's being done I should get my clutch done, too.

barnie.gif

I'm thinking about just hitching the goats up to a wagon.

Second shop hasn't looked at it yet (maybe tomorrow) but first shop says my transmission is busted and while it's being done I should get my clutch done, too.

barnie.gif

I'm sorry SCG. But for years I have said that if the gas prices kept going up I would park my car and buy a horse and buggy. It would have to be cheaper to feed a horse than buy gas.

But if you have to fix the transmission you should do the clutch also. My dad was a mechanic and I helped him work on cars every chance I got.

barnie.gif

At least it is not an automatic.

Yes, get the clutch work done and have the clutch master and slave seals checked.

Glad to hear you came through the storm safely.

Wow, that's rough. One of our furnaces went out about 2 weeks before we wouldn't need it for the season. It was repairable and my procrastination ran the bill up more than it should have been. $275.
One of the ACs needed repair each of the last 5 years. 2 years ago one finally needed to be replaced. I lucked out and the guy that has been doing our HVAC work since we moved in was installing a new AC at a house where he had maintained the old one since it was new so he sold me the old one for 800 and gave me a 2 year warranty. That cut the price because it was the same type of Freon so we didn't have to replace the whole system.

I can't go with out ac here it get's up to 125 in the summer and I don't have a pool!
Within the last year and a half we have had to replace the washer, fridg, freezer. My dryer is on it's last leg. And now our AC it gone ca-put! Oh I forgot my computer also died and had to get a new one. Like Diva when it rains it pours.
This does hurt the pocket book a bit. DH is hoping it only needs freon and hope it is only a relay or something simple.
We had to replace a water heater this winter and a cook top last month. That happens as houses/appliances age.

How about some rockabilly to celebrate my 63rd.
Stray Cats

It's Time To Rock!!!!!
wee.gif
Happy birthday!

barnie.gif

hugs.gif
Sorry about the car.

If you do hook goats to a wagon --- Post pics!!!
thumbsup.gif

I usually do most of my car work but I hate working on cars. I stay away from transmissions but many eons ago I rebuilt a transmission on an Austin Healy Sprite.

I've replaced most everything under my ford ZX2 with well over 200,00 miles including the rack and pinion. I was getting ready to sell it and now it needs a muffler and left front axle.
The bad thing is that I just had everything off of the left front end replacing tie rods and hub. I could have replaced the axle while I was at it for another $30. Now I have to take everything apart again.

Back
Top Bottom