The Old Folks Home

Simmer down, y'all. Simmer down.

1-3 inches of snow predicted for us again tonight. At least yesterday's accumulation has mostly melted.

Yeah, Louisiana is looking at a lot of rain and hail. Batten down the hatches. I took my phone with me today instead of SIL. Worked for 20 minutes making fermented feed and changing the waterers. Dragging pretty much back to the house. I'm ready to do it all myself. Haven't been back to the dr yet but the PT fellow came out yesterday and killed me. (close)
gig.gif

What a fabulous video. Life passes so fast. I'm 68 so I feel that I've only got another 30 or so years.
lau.gif

I know what you mean. Fast! While I was watching that I thought, yes, this is how fast it seems to have gone by. I have some wrinkles and some grey hair now, haven't reached the more wrinkle or grey hair stage yet, but I know, it's coming, and fast!

I turned email notifications off, I get to many to have BYC to sort through also. Anyone know if you can turn off I♡radio's emails? I get tons from them and I don't need any.

Well I replaced my dead Farmers Innovator incubator today. It died before my surgery. I went with a Hovo bator 1588 with turner and air. Not the best by any means, but what I can afford this year. I have all these Blosl and XW eggs on the white rocks. Wanting to replenish some good girls. Just one Blosl and 2 XW with a cock of each. Excited.

Edited to add: @ronott1 I only hatched 2 of the Marraduna Basques from a Tx breeder and less than standard. Both are almost white. To say disappointed is an understatement.

Last edited:
Opps didn't mean for it to post.

Now I get to decide what to do with these little fuzzy butts. Probably give the chicks to one hen and the rest of the eggs to the other. And get the incubator out for "just in case". And it will get filled with duck and goose eggs that are piling up. I might as well give up.

Oh, the hens are banties so these chicks are tiny.

Well I replaced my dead Farmers Innovator incubator today. It died before my surgery. I went with a Hovo bator 1588 with turner and air. Not the best by any means, but what I can afford this year. I have all these Blosl and XW eggs on the white rocks. Wanting to replenish some good girls. Just one Blosl and 2 XW with a cock of each. Excited.

Edited to add: @ronott1 I only hatched 2 of the Marraduna Basques from a Tx breeder and less than standard. Both are almost white. To say disappointed is an understatement.
I am sorry to hear that!

It is hard to find good ones. Did you see the picture on the Basque thread of what a hen bred to standard looks like? Awesome!

There is a setting in the preferences section of your profile. It says notify me when someone mentions me. It is on by default but it may be tuned off if you customized your profile.

Yeah I've turned everything off. I get way too many emails as it is. I have to physically come here and check if I've got something.

Another inch of snow predicted now for tomorrow night, along with what's coming tonight (1-3 inches).

The second car shop (the "dealer") is convinced it's my clutch - they say major clutch smell, clutch is slipping in all the gears and sounding crunchy/loose. I called shenanigans and had the first shop call them and say they were lying, that when the car left them it was the transmission (which is covered under warranty) not the clutch - that it was only causing issues in 5th gear (I was able to drive home using gears 1-4 with no issues), no clutch smell, etc. I am sick of people lying.

The second car shop (the "dealer") is convinced it's my clutch - they say major clutch smell, clutch is slipping in all the gears and sounding crunchy/loose. I called shenanigans and had the first shop call them and say they were lying, that when the car left them it was the transmission (which is covered under warranty) not the clutch - that it was only causing issues in 5th gear (I was able to drive home using gears 1-4 with no issues), no clutch smell, etc. I am sick of people lying.
barnie.gif
somad.gif

A good repairman of any kind is worth his weight in gold, because it IS super difficult to get a good and TRUTHFUL one.

barnie.gif
somad.gif

A good repairman of any kind is worth his weight in gold, because it IS super difficult to get a good and TRUTHFUL one.

Disclosure: first shop is run by BF's uncle so he'd better be truthful. No less than the uncle and two front desk folks called the dealer to yell at them today.

Note: It did not change a thing with the dealer.

If the transmission wasn't covered under warranty still (we're all still convinced it's broken and the dealer will have to fix it despite overcharging me for the clutch work) and the clutch parts difficult to obtain (Suzuki) for BF's uncle's shop, I would have had it towed back to be repaired.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom