The Old Folks Home

Welcome @hippoatlarge I'm gonna be 45 but I have been an old fart all my life.
lau.gif

Sending healing vibes to all with sciatic issues. I remember that excruciating pain. I do not miss it.

@chickadoodles I hope you find someone who will help you get stronger.
hugs.gif
Weakness is a weird feeling.

@superchemicalgirl woo hoo! car issues solved now to work on spring.

Just drove away from a really nasty looking thunderstorm on way home from dinner. Black sky felt like it was going to swallow us. Phew. Stay safe everyone.

I've been laid up a few times. Knee cap on the side of my leg more than once, went once to physical therapy, my opinion they just want your money, if you have good insurance sure go for it. Everytime I've been down I just did what I had to do and eventually your back on top. It is amazing how much strength you lose, muscles turn to jelly. I was young then though, and very physically fit. Early 20s I was stabbed bad in the leg, that took a long time. 25yrs I thought I was invincible, hard manual labor in a bluestone quarry, everyone said be careful of your back, ha ha! I thought people with back problems were wimps, I pulled muscles before. Then I sneezed one morning, right down to my knees. Stabbing pain like chunks of sharp metal in my hip socket, shooting down the backs of the legs. Never took anything for it, figured I'd be ok eventually. Months many people told me to go to a chiropractor, No Way! I watched Jacobs Ladder! I finally did the day I almost couldn't stand. The day after I couldn't. I crawled around on my hands and knees for weeks laid in bed most of the time. It was so bad I didn't drink beer the whole time cause I didn't want to get up and go to the bathroom. Buddy of mine stopped and gave me a pair of crutches, told me I had to get up or I'd get rigor mortis. That's how I went back to the quarry, crutches and on my knees. The strength came back eventually and I haven't had any problems since. You'll get your strength back, just keep going one day at a time and eventually it will just be a memory.

yep they went the opposite direction.
wee.gif

Ok, now I do feel old, my oldest got his license last week and can now drive without me. My entire driveway is now FULL of teenage boy's 4x4 pickups. Like 7 of them. It's like a wolf pack. An end to an era and a new adventure begins.
Thats great!

Good luck! They'll have loads of fun muddin!

I've been laid up a few times. Knee cap on the side of my leg more than once, went once to physical therapy, my opinion they just want your money, if you have good insurance sure go for it. Everytime I've been down I just did what I had to do and eventually your back on top. It is amazing how much strength you lose, muscles turn to jelly. I was young then though, and very physically fit. Early 20s I was stabbed bad in the leg, that took a long time. 25yrs I thought I was invincible, hard manual labor in a bluestone quarry, everyone said be careful of your back, ha ha! I thought people with back problems were wimps, I pulled muscles before. Then I sneezed one morning, right down to my knees. Stabbing pain like chunks of sharp metal in my hip socket, shooting down the backs of the legs. Never took anything for it, figured I'd be ok eventually. Months many people told me to go to a chiropractor, No Way! I watched Jacobs Ladder! I finally did the day I almost couldn't stand. The day after I couldn't. I crawled around on my hands and knees for weeks laid in bed most of the time. It was so bad I didn't drink beer the whole time cause I didn't want to get up and go to the bathroom. Buddy of mine stopped and gave me a pair of crutches, told me I had to get up or I'd get rigor mortis. That's how I went back to the quarry, crutches and on my knees. The strength came back eventually and I haven't had any problems since. You'll get your strength back, just keep going one day at a time and eventually it will just be a memory.
Thanks Beer. I am already so much better. But I guess it still sometimes just nags at me. I have quit taking the nerve pills they had me on and I can think again! Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I will keep at my jump rope and as many trips to the coops as I can manage.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom