The Old Folks Home

I must say, the fact that anyone who has studied collages finds employment is amazing to me.

But to be serious, the reason manufacturing jobs have moved overseas is that no one in the West is willing to make a Nike sneaker for the same price that the sweatshop in Asia can spit them out. And consumers don't care enough about the ethical aspects of it's production for that to weigh heavier than the price. So Indonesian made shoes and Chinese tools it is.

yep

and, I might add.. more of these.. $$$$$

Last edited:
tnspursfan I gardening is so much fun and wonderful project for children of every age. Maddy does look great and your looking like your having fun with your chicken.
big_smile.png

I just planted a few things also.

Maddy is great. We just got back from Vandy Thursday. Dr Kelly said everything looks great. Tell your wife I'm very sorry for her loss. My own father passed a few months ago, and I miss him terribly.

That is excellent news from the Dr.
I will definately tell her and thanks.
Sorry for your loss as well

What all are yall planting?

I must say, the fact that anyone who has studied collages finds employment is amazing to me.

But to be serious, the reason manufacturing jobs have moved overseas is that no one in the West is willing to make a Nike sneaker for the same price that the sweatshop in Asia can spit them out. And consumers don't care enough about the ethical aspects of it's production for that to weigh heavier than the price. So Indonesian made shoes and Chinese tools it is.

yep... puts people like me out of business work wise. as a manufacturing engineer... even back to designer and further back to draftsman... All because I dont have a degree they wont read my resume for an entry level position. Cant get past human resources people.

My kind of work supports manufacturing lines. and needs to be along side the shop so support for manufacturing happens within minutes...

Oh well I am done with that any way. My only hope of working again would be to provide support for very small fab shops building New ideas or prototypes. Or something that Has to be manufactured here... Like dune buggy stuff. Or specialized custom gear.

I could work for a bag of rice and probably will once its all over...

deb

deb

Back
Top Bottom