The Old Folks Home

I heard a rumor that that may be making a movie based on the Pern books, so now I want to read them all again.

Oh my Dragon Riders of Pern.... AWESOME books.... I have read them all I hope the movie doesnt Cheese it up.... like they did Eragon...

Eragon was an excellent book.

Gawd I read them thirty years ago... The first of book's main character was a woman named Lessa... and I remember that...

deb

Oh my Dragon Riders of Pern.... AWESOME books.... I have read them all I hope the movie doesnt Cheese it up.... like they did Eragon...

Gawd I read them thirty years ago... The first of book's main character was a woman named Lessa... and I remember that...

deb
England was doing a series about 5 years ago. Never got off the drawing board. I'd love to see some action on this. One of my favs.
love.gif

My first broody hen that is a in her first year did a crash on me! She hatched 4 two of which are spraddle legged so she abandoned the nest and the two chicks that could not walk.
Now I have two more for the brooder and a dozen in the hatcher! UGH!!!!

deb
I enjoyed those also. I got my son to read some of them as well.

My first broody hen that is a in her first year did a crash on me! She hatched 4 two of which are spraddle legged so she abandoned the nest and the two chicks that could not walk.
Now I have two more for the brooder and a dozen in the hatcher! UGH!!!!
hugs.gif

I'm not familiar with those books, but the films based on Terry Pratchett's works were pretty fun.

Neither of us was happy with the oak top to the table, as it made it look a bit too much like a take away coffee cup. So we had a glass top made for it, and now we're very satisfied with the end result. It really shows off the concrete.

I also enjoyed those books and now that they can do so much with CGI they might be able to make a decent movie based on them.

Thanks Puddin.

vehve that looks very nice with the glass on it. Are you going to paint the concrete?

I have not read the books. Look forward to seeing the moving since ya'll liked the books so much.
big_smile.png

I don't know how many of these eggs will hatch and now I have to figure out how to get rid of them. I had cut back to the bare min. on turkey besides the ones in the bator that I ordered months ago.

chicka, I might seal it with a paraffin wax, but that won't alter the color. Grey goes well with our color scheme, and I like the raw look of it. One cool thing you can do when mixing the concrete is to add food coloring or some other pigment at that point to get a color in the finished product. Painting isn't as good of an idea, as chips will show clearly, which is less of an issue when the material itself is pigmented.

vehve I agree. Most movies are basing their success on how cool it looks, not the story behind it. Probably why I rarely watch movies these days. Too many rely or cool graphics or tons of explosions to carry the movie and for many of the younger set, it works. That being said, I do want to see the new Jurassic Park coming out this summer. :D Hopefully it won't be a dud in sheep's clothing.

Back
Top Bottom