The Old Folks Home

Thank you to everyone for the very nice compliments! :love
I had both of my children while I was in the military. My daughter I had in a military hospital and they had first time moms stay for three days after delivery. I was on a ward and it was very hard to sleep because the babies were with the mothers except for when the pediatricians checked them over or if the mother wanted to go take a shower. If you wanted clean sheets you had to change your bed. I was ready to go home after the three days. When I had my son, there wasn't labor and delivery services in the military hospital so I had him in a civilian "hospital" (regional health center really but the closest thing to a hospital within 50 miles). I went in around 2 PM, delivered him around 5 PM and was sent home the next day around 12 PM. Nothing like a whirlwind stay! ;) I didn't have any complications with the delivery so I really didn't mind going home so quick but the hospital charged the military for that room (I was in the same room the whole time) three different ways.

Wow... GMO chickens. What the heck happened to regular natural food? I'll readily confess that I eat a VERY unhealthy diet, but what big business and the govt is doing with our food scares me.

At least they glow in the dark (for now). I'm not eating any glowing chickens.

Latestarter, I've been asking for years what big business, the scientists, and the government are doing to our food. The kick in the pants is, they can't figure out why so many people are obese, so many suffering with diabetes , so many kids with ADHD/ADD, so many suffering depression, and various mental disorders, and so many with various cancers. Many of these things can be caused, or exacerbated by the modern modifications made to our food chain, from the modifications to the initial food itself, modifications during the growing process, and additives, coloring, and preservatives after it's grown. Combine that with the way it is then processed, and packaged. By the time it hits the grocery store shelf, it has scant nutritional value, or the enzymes that we need to stay healthy.

I just found out a little something from rthe driver that picks up our condensed whey that is now going for animal feed. I heard they were mixing it with out dated breakfast cereal drying it out busting it up for feed.
Now I hear anything from stores and businesses goes into the mix. Pasta, bread, donuts, everything, candy with the wrappers still on. Twinkies and ho ho's, many packaged pastas like mac and cheese ,uncle Ben's rice etc. powder packets and everything. He said he saw five gallon buckets in the mix, I hope they somehow strain them out.
I asked him what kind of animals do they feed that stuff to. He said they told him it gets sent to the beef feed lots......

I stopped buying chicken from a store when I heard that the chicken was going to be shipped to china for processing!
I mean really? We are still keeping our own people from getting jobs by paying china workers .25 cents an hour! I am not supporting CHINA!

Now I guess we will have to butcher our own beef?

We need a new President to fix this mess!

What I liked about 'Food Inc' (I first avoided it because I thought it would be to political)
They blamed both sides, the current and the previous, and prior's also, all 'in bed' with the food industry 'big business'.
Sick and sad what we've allowed to happen to our food. Going a lot bigger with our garden next yr.
'Food Inc' is what made me decide to get back into raising chickens. BYC has helped make it a obsession and the whole chicken math lol!
But that's a good thing :) We haven't bought eggs in a year, and by next spring we should no longer ever have to buy store chicken

First ever school picture!

Back
Top Bottom