The Old Folks Home

Hey everyone.

Haven't been around for awhile. Needed time to lick my wounds only to have my heart have a new hole torn into it when our Border Collie died unexpectedly. Vet thinks she had a heart attack....4 months before her 15th birthday. We buried her next to Dingo....2 dogs in 6 weeks, our family is diminished by the loss of these two special animals. Dingo with his love of adventure, energy and humor and Lucy, with her gentle loyalty and beautiful border collie eyes. I cried most of yesterday for the loss of both of our furry children. There is no justice in giving us such a wonderful, loyal companion only to give them a short time on this earth. Their paw prints will be on our hearts for the rest of our lives.

Secondly, I never intended to step on anyone's toes....ever. But I come here to BYC to get away from the stresses of everyday life and talk about chickens. I do not come here to talk politics, religion or about anybody's love life in great detail if you get my drift. I come here to relax, share happy times and offer moral support to anybody who needs it. But me being me means if the bugle is sounded, the redhead German and Cherokee genes kick in and like a thoroughbred, I'm off to the races. So if I offended anyone, I truly apologize but I also refuse to back down from my convictions.

I have made some truly special friendships here on BYC that I cherish and I intend to continue to be a presence from time to time. But in all honesty, I need hugs right now and time to heal. Two human friends and two canine friends lost since last October. Diagnosed with 5 degenerative bone diseases and told I am going to have to give up some of the more extreme hobbies I enjoy, namely dirt bike riding and upright bicycle riding and not being able to be around people because of the medication I have to take suppressing my immune system. Everything has just caught up with me.

Thank you for the kind words of condolence on the death of Dingo. I know that he, Lucy and a cast of more horses, dogs, cats, and chickens than I can count are waiting at the Rainbow bridge for us.

I promised @CapricornFarm that I would check in. Hi Cap! D.D. Penny, Latestarter, Bruce, Ron, sour, Al, Bobbi and everyone else I may have forgotten.
:hugs:hugs:hugs

Hey everyone.

Haven't been around for awhile. Needed time to lick my wounds only to have my heart have a new hole torn into it when our Border Collie died unexpectedly. Vet thinks she had a heart attack....4 months before her 15th birthday. We buried her next to Dingo....2 dogs in 6 weeks, our family is diminished by the loss of these two special animals. Dingo with his love of adventure, energy and humor and Lucy, with her gentle loyalty and beautiful border collie eyes. I cried most of yesterday for the loss of both of our furry children. There is no justice in giving us such a wonderful, loyal companion only to give them a short time on this earth. Their paw prints will be on our hearts for the rest of our lives.

Secondly, I never intended to step on anyone's toes....ever. But I come here to BYC to get away from the stresses of everyday life and talk about chickens. I do not come here to talk politics, religion or about anybody's love life in great detail if you get my drift. I come here to relax, share happy times and offer moral support to anybody who needs it. But me being me means if the bugle is sounded, the redhead German and Cherokee genes kick in and like a thoroughbred, I'm off to the races. So if I offended anyone, I truly apologize but I also refuse to back down from my convictions.

I have made some truly special friendships here on BYC that I cherish and I intend to continue to be a presence from time to time. But in all honesty, I need hugs right now and time to heal. Two human friends and two canine friends lost since last October. Diagnosed with 5 degenerative bone diseases and told I am going to have to give up some of the more extreme hobbies I enjoy, namely dirt bike riding and upright bicycle riding and not being able to be around people because of the medication I have to take suppressing my immune system. Everything has just caught up with me.

Thank you for the kind words of condolence on the death of Dingo. I know that he, Lucy and a cast of more horses, dogs, cats, and chickens than I can count are waiting at the Rainbow bridge for us.

I promised @CapricornFarm that I would check in. Hi Cap! D.D. Penny, Latestarter, Bruce, Ron, sour, Al, Bobbi and everyone else I may have forgotten.
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Hey everyone.

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Hey everyone.

That all just sucks.

So sorry.

:hugs

:hit

Micro, you know we're all here for you whenever you need us! :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Please, take the time you need, grieve and do the things you need to move forward. Thanks for stopping by to let us know... As I'm sure you've experienced... It's a bitch when a regular simply disappears with no explanation/follow up/update.

Seems there's been a lot of death and loss all around.:(:hit

Hey everyone.

Hi Micro. I am sending lots of hugs your way. :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom