The Old Folks Home

Kid needed a trailer so we could haul the snow machines out to where he wants to ride....

He found a great deal on a trailer.... and it came with 2 snow machines! He just bought a great snow machine from his boss just this past Monday.

He already had a junker one, and a friend of his also has a junker machine up at our house (he lives in town so keeps his up here)

So suddenly I went from 2 to 5, FIVE snow machines all around my parking area, plus the 4 wheeler.

:th

Around here they do, people around here are nuts over them things.
Even in the summer they have grass drag racing.
Haven't heard any the last few days though, guess -16f temps isn't fun to ride in lol.
Yeah, kid 3 is obviously hooked on fast machines.

The nice one he bought Monday, I told him if he wants to ride it full out he needs to wear a racing vest.

That reminds me... haven't ordered it yet.

Alaskan I am on BYC to learn - what is a racing vest? Just to keep them warmer or safer because no air bags? Do they have seat belts/ any kind of protection? I suppose they can go like a bat out of Haiti. The kids that used to ride up and down the utility easement - never saw them much just HEARD them shooting by.

In summer they raced ATV's up and down until they wore deep ruts into the field. So started sneaking off to the Forest Preserve taking public roads while cops were waiting for them.

But fun only lasts so long. Parent's lived in a house for 15 years and yet never paid much off their mortgage. Ended up losing the house to foreclosure. However moved in with wife's mother a few blocks away.

The vest is a protective vest, mostly to keep the rider from smashing their ribs and guts into the handle bars in a crash... but also has spinal protection.

One example
crossover-tekvest-2701-0668_1.jpg

Alaskan I am on BYC to learn - what is a racing vest? Just to keep them warmer or safer because no air bags? Do they have seat belts/ any kind of protection?

Oh... it does keep them warmer... but that isn't the purpose. And there are no airbags or seatbelts on these things.

I just want one of the more expensive and better quality ones used on the racing circuits since those are stronger and protect more.

Crazy stupid speeds requires more protection.

Handlebars/windscreens/tree limbs/etc stuck inside rib cages is never a good thing... Yeah, protective vest is a good investment for sure! Where is your 15 yo son getting all this money for a trailer and machines? But then, I always seemed to "find money" when I needed it as a kid. Wish I could still do that today... I seem to have forgotten how. :hmm

Goodnight ladies... I just drug my butt out of bed cause I couldn't sleep. Tossing and turning and having to mouth breath which is drying my mouth out :( My mind and body seem to be going in different directions... want to sleep, but "feel like" I'm missing something... supposed to be doing something...:idunno Guess I can spend the night in the recliner... spend most days there and at least I can breath easier/better.

Back
Top Bottom