The Old Folks Home

canvas.png

Yesterday, I worked at the Florida State Fair. My neighbor is a dog trainer, and in charge of the Paw Palace there. The Paw Palace is a huge tent with booths, and tables inside, and an arena with seating on one end. At least 20 purebred breeds of dogs are represented, and exhibited at the booths. People can come by the booths, and see, pet, and learn about the various breeds. There are a couple rescue groups represented too. The arena is used for various shows. At least 1 local law enforcement group per day, brings their K-9 unit, and do several shows daily. They show what their dogs do. Another show is about dog carts, and the children can ride in the dog pulled cart. Another show is on how to do basic obedience training. Another show is dogs that do tricks. It's actually nice. I do a variety of things to help out. It's fun, but I got very tired yesterday. I think some of it had to do with me not having any coffee too.

Today is student day. All the schools around here are closed on fair day. Each student is given a ticket for free admission. I was told I would not be needed today, so I had planned to rest up. Now the family is wanting me to go to the fair with them. LOL! There went my day of rest.

Back
Top Bottom