The Old Folks Home

Yay!!! I got my 5 year award! Chicken happy dance time!

U7di.gif
My word, you sure do a cute dance!

Not bad for a microchick!
Congrats on the 5 Micro had to go to Costco this morning dog food milk, butter and salt
paid new years membership cost us 1.51 We are executive membership we earned a
like 118.49 and cost is 120.00 they invited us to join as we spend so much there

Owwieeeee! Somebody didn't teach that girl the safe way to fall! Arms tucked in and your face covered. Better to break a collarbone or dislocate a shoulder than to break both of your wrists. She's young though and will heal fast. Just going to be miserable in the meantime...not to mention humbling.

Thanks everybody, for the sympathy! This young woman is 30 and has an executive position. She texted me using voice texting, so I expect she will be able to manage at work, if she can get there. Lives in NYC so probably she can work it out.

But what a crappy Stowe vacation! One of the most beautiful resorts in the Northeast, and they are stuck in a room while it is sleeting outside. Probably her young man is feeding her! I love this kid; she has been my daughter's best friend for 15 years. I hate the thought of a vacation spoiled, and the next six weeks of pain - - - > inconvenience.

I ask DH what he thinks, he just moans, shakes his head and walks away.
I feel the same way! I could probably pull the one that is totally free with a long tow strap and a come-along. I don't think the other one is totally broken over so I wouldn't have the muscle for that even with a 2,000 pound come-along. And I SURE don't want to sneak up behind it and cut into the hinge. Sure it MIGHT just pop up a bit ... or maybe it would do something nasty.

My daughter’s best friend broke both of her wrists falling off her snowboard today at Stowe.
OW! That is going to be seriously uncomfortable and limiting for a long time.

Oh man, I hate to hear this! At least she should heal quickly.
Depends on what broke! There are lots of bones in the hand.

Yay!!! I got my 5 year award! Chicken happy dance time!
A day early no less :D Congrats.

Lives in NYC so probably she can work it out.
Well at least she likely doesn't drive to work, public transportation is easier with no use of your hands I would think.

Not the brightest bulb on the planet landing on her wrists ? sorry my what did you do? came out
Has nothing to do with intelligence. When you go down fast you often don't have time for your thinking brain to kick in and you just stick your arms out.

Not the brightest bulb on the planet landing on her wrists ? sorry my what did you do? came out

Snowboarding lends itself to this sort of fall. Actually, she is remarkably bright. A degree from NYU and an executive position at a major tech company. But that's no protection against a mountain, snowboard, and a surface of ice.

Back
Top Bottom