The Old Folks Home

I REALLY didn't want to go stand at all the lifts at Killington with a sign hoping it would be the right place and time that you were using that particular lift.

Well, although I haven't disappeared completely, I have certainly been scarce (as hen's teeth?). I blame it on ski season, as you seem to have guessed. I take care of my chickens, but my focus is really on skiing.

I've gotten much better this year! I'm actually skiing at a speed that resembles the rest of the skiers on the hill (and not so much those on the bunny hill)! Pretty good for a 66-year-old fourth year skier!

It's cold tonight (probably even colder up north), and I know those sweet girls will be fine.
:clap

Probably enjoying the skiing more since that storm last Friday!

Oh yes. This year I can ski at both Killington and Okemo, and they make snow all the time, but fresh, real snow is the best. I had a chance to ski at Bolton Valley - wow, these mountains are high!

We are in the cold tonight. It's -6 now but supposed to get colder. The wood stove is chugging along, and we are warm inside.

Retirement is swell when you get to do the things you never did, like skiing. Including the chickies! My girls have started to lay again (one was molting and one went broody and the four of them just quit for a month or so), so beautiful orange-yolked eggs are mine!

Last edited:
I had a chance to ski at Bolton Valley - wow, these mountains are high!
:gig I guess you've not skied in the Rockies or the Sierra Nevadas. They call our mountains "small hills". Time for you to go ski Stowe or "Ski it if you can" Mad River ;) You could drive all the way to Smuggs and see DD2 at the Bunny slope mid station then go up the Sterling or Madonna lifts.

We are in the cold tonight. It's -6 now but supposed to get colder.
It was -14°F at 9 PM, Mr. NOAA said it was -6°F but we are here and he is not. Supposed to be -7°F at midnight and 1 AM (so figure -15°F at least) then warm to 0°F at 7 AM (so figure -5 or -6). It should get close to 20°F tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom