The Old Folks Home

That sounds frustrating!
If you have high iron content, does it turn your white laundry brown? Curious. We lived at a rental for awhile where my laundry... And teeth stained brown. Bleach caused a reaction that made the water turn muddy brown. There was always a sediment in the bottom of the filter pitcher. We bought drinking water then. But I always wondered if it was high iron.
That's just about as frustrating as all the lime in our water here. Wash the dishes, and in two day's time the tray beneath the drainer is white with lime. I hear that a hot water heater will only last about 7 years from the lime accumulation. Maybe draining it yearly would help.

That's just about as frustrating as all the lime in our water here. Wash the dishes, and in two day's time the tray beneath the drainer is white with lime. I hear that a hot water heater will only last about 7 years from the lime accumulation. Maybe draining it yearly would help.
Our water was like that in Woodland. It also had a lot of Boron in it which was toxic to leave in waste water.

We now have water from Lake Shasta here that is not hard.

What a difference! Our water heater is going on 19 years old now

Well, Silver left the farm as well as Clyde.. Tommy came and picked them up.. Silver was an aggessive EE roo, and Clyde was just a dumb thing.. couldn't figure out which end of a pullet to spray. I kept wondering why Bonny was wet on the sides so much. But, in exchange for the roos/cockerels he's gotten from me, he's bringing me a few Guinea biddies when they start hatching out. Will be nice to have a watch dog in with the kids, and with them when they get out to free range.

Got a snow squall visiting us at the moment warning 'dangerous, life threatening, white-outs'this morning. Second weather warning, snowy weather, 3-5" expected until 3:00 this afternoon. I will watch the predictions, is it possible they will add a third or fourth snow to come at the same time as the existing two? For practicalitys sake, instead of having a little snow every other day the rest of the week, we could have it all today (say like 6") then the rest of the week wed have sunshine and could get something else done other then shoveling!
Personally though... so much easier to plow 2 inches at a go... than 6. :idunno

Well, Silver left the farm as well as Clyde.. Tommy came and picked them up.. Silver was an aggessive EE roo, and Clyde was just a dumb thing.. couldn't figure out which end of a pullet to spray. I kept wondering why Bonny was wet on the sides so much. But, in exchange for the roos/cockerels he's gotten from me, he's bringing me a few Guinea biddies when they start hatching out. Will be nice to have a watch dog in with the kids, and with them when they get out to free range.
We have seen some Guinea hen adventures on this thread!

Today's ticket entitles them to unlimited admission the rest of the year, so they can go back.
Wow! That is a deal especially this early in the year.

Legoland was fun,
We took the girls to Legoland in Carlsbad, Cal when it first opened. So "first" that a couple of the rides weren't even done yet. DD2 was too small to go on the rollercoaster but we were already in line when we found out so we said we'd peel her and an adult out at the loading zone. Somehow that didn't happen. At the end they had a camera to snap pictures of the riders, bottom of a big drop. DD1 looked horrified. DD2 had a HUGE smile on her face. She still loves roller coasters at nearly 26.

I have pieces of cattle panel around. I also have 2x3 inch no climb goat fence
I'd go with the 2x3. CPs are hard to bend and if you don't have a broody hen to take over, you need to raise the cave as the chicks grow. That is usually done by bending the support.

What about 2 feet of snow to plow?
And you have that often in Woodland? ;)
No, no one wants to plow 2' of snow.

Those darn kids still won't keep off my lawn!
old.gif
My darn kids are tearing up the lawn, so darn disrespectful. lol

Wow! That is a deal especially this early in the year.

We took the girls to Legoland in Carlsbad, Cal when it first opened. So "first" that a couple of the rides weren't even done yet. DD2 was too small to go on the rollercoaster but we were already in line when we found out so we said we'd peel her and an adult out at the loading zone. Somehow that didn't happen. At the end they had a camera to snap pictures of the riders, bottom of a big drop. DD1 looked horrified. DD2 had a HUGE smile on her face. She still loves roller coasters at nearly 26.

I'd go with the 2x3. CPs are hard to bend and if you don't have a broody hen to take over, you need to raise the cave as the chicks grow. That is usually done by bending the support.

And you have that often in Woodland? ;)
No, no one wants to plow 2' of snow.
No snow here!

Back
Top Bottom