The Old Folks Home

On another front, my first hatch for 2022 just turned 6 weeks old and Willy Wonka had started crowing yesterday.. Today Fluff Meister tried it out in response. That didn't end well. The two of them got in to it and the Wonka was dominate.. Had to pull him out and put him in with the smaller chicks in B tub, then pull Crow Magnum Man out of there and stick him in with the bigger chicks in A tub. A slight kerfluffle and me calling his name ended it all. There is peace in the kingdom once again.
Crow is the 3 gal's uncle. The one from my BCM and KE and is pure wheaten. They all have various degrees of patterns in their feathers so this should be interesting.

Soooooooooo, I couldn't sit for long today. Went out and fixed up Prince's roost that came down. New set up for him, a bit lower to the ground as he can hop but not fly.. Then got busy cleaning up and getting the turn out pen ready for the 6 week olds. They will be 7 weeks Monday and need more room. I'll fill the two tubs you see with shavings and take the two tubs they are in out and lay them on their sides inside the black ones. (That trick worked really well with the very first chicks I got from TSC two years ago). I'll start mowing tomorrow to get ample litter for the whole pen. It's 8' x 10" so should be ample space for the newbs. Also have a tarp to run along the west side so they have shade in the afternoon. As I was working in that project, a few of KE's ladies came in and inspected the place. They were happy!
20220319_154402.jpg
20220319_154442.jpg

Back
Top Bottom