The Old Folks Home

Note the feels like 🥶
IMG_3897.png

Sooo amazing having a rooster! So far so good.Love seeing all the chickens tucked under his wings at night with the cold weather here. Makes me feel more comfortable in a warm house

Was bleeding the boiler this morning. I don't understand where all the black sludge water comes from. It's the 6th time I've bled it and I'm beginning to think the owner before us only used the heat to keep the pipes from freezing and didn't live here while remodeling.
If I don't bleed it, it sounds like banging from a carpenter crew and the house slowly cools off!

Sooo amazing having a rooster! So far so good.Love seeing all the chickens tucked under his wings at night with the cold weather here. Makes me feel more comfortable in a warm house

Was bleeding the boiler this morning. I don't understand where all the black sludge water comes from. It's the 6th time I've bled it and I'm beginning to think the owner before us only used the heat to keep the pipes from freezing and didn't live here while remodeling.
If I don't bleed it, it sounds like banging from a carpenter crew and the house slowly cools off!
Yes roosters are amazing when you get a good one that calls his girls to food and lets them eat first. The he warns them of a perceived danger and they all take cover. The bad ones do make good dumplings. It's still cold here. Not like it was at daylight but cold enough I'm not going back out unless the kids call me because of trouble on the range. I must be vigilant now to predators in this cold weather as they will be hungrier and braver. No coyotes yet on property but they are within hearing them howl in the distance. Neighbors frequently are firing guns in there direction. I feel like I should buy them a case of ammo. I look at the price of simple farm rifles and wow. They should be made out of at least 10 carat gold.

Yes roosters are amazing when you get a good one that calls his girls to food and lets them eat first. The he warns them of a perceived danger and they all take cover. The bad ones do make good dumplings. It's still cold here. Not like it was at daylight but cold enough I'm not going back out unless the kids call me because of trouble on the range. I must be vigilant now to predators in this cold weather as they will be hungrier and braver. No coyotes yet on property but they are within hearing them howl in the distance. Neighbors frequently are firing guns in there direction. I feel like I should buy them a case of ammo. I look at the price of simple farm rifles and wow. They should be made out of at least 10 carat gold.
They do that around here too but I don't think it's at the howling coyotes as they never leave. At least they sound far away, but it's every night.

In case anyone was wondering, I LOVE the Sweeter Heaters in the coops, and so do my chickens.
We looked at them long and hard as they sure are nice, but we needed just a tish more heat for our coop to keep it from freezing so I think we measured we'd need 4 of them. We opted for a NewAir oil filled one that on almost the lowest setting will keep the coop to about 40F. They could care less though as they were out in 25F this morning. When it gets -25F, they'll care! ☺️

Back
Top Bottom