The Old Folks Home

I'm tired enough to sleep tonight. Thinned the first planting of sweet corn down to 8-12" apart until I got over half of it done. Tomorrow morning it's the rest of it to do. My old back said when it was time to stop. I have a way now to plant next year so this will not be needed.
Nice!!!!

I'm tired enough to sleep tonight. Thinned the first planting of sweet corn down to 8-12" apart until I got over half of it done. Tomorrow morning it's the rest of it to do. My old back said when it was time to stop. I have a way now to plant next year so this will not be needed.
Larry, when planting seed, have you ever tried using a broom stick to poke the hole for seed then use a piece of 3/4 inch PVC pipe about 4 or 5 feet long to drop the seed through. Save a lot of back bending.

Larry, when planting seed, have you ever tried using a broom stick to poke the hole for seed then use a piece of 3/4 inch PVC pipe about 4 or 5 feet long to drop the seed through. Save a lot of back bending.
Yes. That's what I'm doing now. I've stretched a string to make a straight row and use a 7/8" dowel to make the holes down the string and drop the seed down the 3/4" or possibly 1/2" PVC pipe. Sure saves my back and seed at the same time. There is a company that makes a PVC device for planting some plants and another one for seed that even controls the depth the seed get planted. I think I'll spring for the cost and get one for next year most likely. That is what gave me the idea of using the PVC pipe.

https://standnplant.com/index.php/seeder

1714659647360.gif
Good morning, OFs! Great day for chores in the garden!

Back
Top Bottom