The Olive-Egger thread!

I got 2 welsummer pullets 6 weeks old. I'm going to breed them next spring with my OE roo. I can't wait to see their offsprings eggs. I'm mad about colors. I keep a small basket on my counter. I leave about 6 out for up to 3 days before I change them out. You can't bake with cold eggs anyway!
x2 =)

quote: Yep, I do. Only thing is, I need to find a rooster!

PalmHen -
If you are in California I can help you with that!
I have two FBCM cockerels listed on buy sell trade that need a new home.
Here's one of the pics.

Last edited:
I live out by Nine Mile and I would like to know where you your EE in Deer Park. I have been trying to find out where to get an EE hen/chick. I have an Auraucana rooster but I do not know where to get the EE hen. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks!
ya.gif

Yep, I do. Only thing is, I need to find a rooster!
If you are near Chattanooga, TN I can help with OE roos. I have f1 just hatched yesterday, and I have f2's hatched 1 week ago. I also have 2 f1's that are 7 weeks old as well as a couple of EE's. Their parents are both from green/blue eggs. So they will have no brown gene to carry. Always my roos are free to good homes. The roo of the new hatches is a very large boy from a splash maran roo over a green egg laying EE.

He is blue with the red patch on the wings. He wasn't the prettiest of my roos from last year. But he was the biggest and very friendly. As a chick and young roo he would follow me around the yard and cheep at me till I picked him up to pet him. Now he is too heavy to perch on me but still follows me around the yard and does a soft cluck to me. Mr. friendly is his name!

I got pix of the 1 day olds. Buffy is a BO babies are OE. This is her 4th batch in 1 year. She raised 3 last year 34 chicks in all. This season is the first batch she had 9 of 12 hatch. She never seems to notice all the eggs where green and not hers. She is just a happy chicken with any ones eggs. When she starts going broody I stuff golf balls under her till I gather enough green eggs for her about 2 days to get good shaped and all mint green ones this year. The roo is an OE the hens are green eggs EE some where bought as Ameraucanas but turned out to be mint green egg layers. Oh well, the offspring will be OE.

Only 1 blue this time and 2 solid black

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom