The Predators Work For Me

Oregon Blues

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Central Oregon
That's right. They are my employees, and they are reliable workers and do a good job for me.

Like all employees, they have rules in the workplace. There are areas that are off limits for them to go, and those areas are marked and locked so my employees don't make a mistake and enter unauthorized areas.

The hawks do their job of pest control in an organic and totally pesticide-free manner. They control mice, voles, gophers, and sage rats. They do a decent job on keeping the sparrow population down to a low roar, thus saving me a lot of money because less feed is stolen. They prevent disease by removing rodents. They also catch and remove some of the grasshoppers.

The owls work at removing rodents and the rabbits who would otherwise ruin my garden.

The coyotes are in charge of dealing with all the unwanted dogs and cats that are dropped off to "go live on a farm". The coyotes work at rabbit population control, and they take a few mice, if they can catch them. They clean up road kill deer, that would otherwise be a foul, stinky, germ infested mess.

The snakes can get into the walls where the mice are hiding from the owls. The snakes will also go down gopher holes and they eat bugs.

I've got spiders hard at work thinning out the houseflies, and I've got a few bats on the payroll eating mosquitoes that might otherwise infect my poultry with West Nile Virus.

My predator employees are non-union, so their pay and benefits are quite low, especially considering how hard they work. They put in long hard hours and never complain.

All in all, a pretty good deal for me.

Works here to they just have to remember to stay out of the territory my k-9's have claimed if they want to live happly ever after.

Look at that pouty lower lip! Love it! I guess this one is in charge of security, or does the hiring and firing?

I employ a legion of bats every night. I don't care to ask where they live, and we rarely see each other, but my inground pool is currently its own ecosystem and I haven't had a single mosquito bite this year.

My cat tends to care for the local "small and adorable" population. Every day like clockwork he brings me something new.

Some of the other employees on your list have been fired (upon) for bad behavior in the workplace.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom