Hey! Just busy... Some old people in the mirror problems, some house problems, taking care of everything, getting ready with the incubator.
photo_2024-03-29_20-58-34.jpg

My first incubation run... I have such stage fright...

Go to the nearest pharmacy and buy some earplugs! Guineas are loud! You need to raise the keets in their coop and don't let them loose before they are at least four months old or they will fly away. They need to be trained that their coop is their home and that they need to spend the nights in there.
Thanks. They are cute when tiny.

View attachment 3785637
My first incubation run... I have such stage fright...
Don't be afraid. Your incubator is ten times more sophisticated than my CCI. - Basically just a Styrofoam box with a bad thermostat and a short-circuit. But it hatched so many duxlings last year that i have lost count. Not all of them made it, but at least fourteen did.
Good Luck! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

And @Texag87 - before you ask, i have attached the jar with the duxling-poop directly to my nose! There is that urgent need of having to peel little duckies out of their egg shells…

Anyone preparing for the 2024 Solar Eclipse here in the US on April 8th?
My "NASA certified" eye glasses have just arrived, but i will be more busy to take pictures and videos. The next full eclipse will be in 2045 but not as close to my location as this one. I am planning for the Marion, OH area, just a 3½ hour drive away from here:
1711746962135.png

Go to the nearest pharmacy and buy some earplugs! Guineas are loud! You need to raise the keets in their coop and don't let them loose before they are at least four months old or they will fly away. They need to be trained that their coop is their home and that they need to spend the nights in there.
My coworker had a flock of about 20. When they were full grown he let them out while he was doing yard work. When he turned around to check on them they were all gone never to be seen again. They never returned and he was so sad that the lost every one of them. He had no idea that after having them so long they would leave him. Can you clip their wings I wonder????

Back
Top Bottom