Actually that would be my two Mallard Mommas that fit that description. My one Muscovy tried once to go broody last year but I was able to break her and the other one has never tried. One is two now and the other one is three. I have had both since they were young, one 3 days old and the other 3 months old. My Mallard Mommas will fine eggs anywhere and start to sit on them. I have one right now that is sitting but I don't think any of the eggs are fertile and she is a real mess if you bother her after hiding this nest so well. I am letting her go because I don't see any hope in what she is sitting on. When I eat the eggs they don't seem to be fertile.
Remember that saying: »Life will find a way.« 😜

My ducks are so funny, when I am out with them I can look up at the sky and they will all stop what they are doing and look up! I was surprised to see them do that the first time I tried it. They figured if I looked up there must be something they need to know about. Such little smarties!
Seems they have trained me to look into the sky! Whenever i see somebody tilting the head upwards i look up too and try to figure out what they have spotted. Usually i see nothing. I would be a bad duck…

Last edited:
Mine get nervous about planes
Only about theses pesky, tiny regional jets like this one:
1711905684026.png

Those are always ready to snatch an unsuspecting duck!
The large and friendly looking planes from the Guard on the other hands are well known for dropping large amounts of cat-food for their duck-friends:
1711905899565.png

As demonstrated above, the common Muscovy dux' strong telepathic abilities make her victims believe they are in control, when i fact they have long been overwhelmed by the incredible dux power.
Muscovy dux are breathing, walking and pooping incubators!
Even the drakes go broody! As for the transformation inti fire breathing dragons, nothing a pair of weilding gloves, straw broom and maiden shield can't protect you from

Back
Top Bottom