little question did you ever give acv by syringe ( to a duck) and how much to dilute it… i’m trying to give cookie duck some apple cider vinegar. I put some in all the drinking buckets however ducks prefer to drink from poopy swimming pools. I’m not about to dump a whole bottle of ACV into the pool every day that stuff expensive so I gave her a little by syringe this morning, trying to dissolve the mucus that she’s pooping out. I deleted it 50-50 and gave her one ML. I just wonder if it’s safe to do that again tonight perhaps wait till morning.

little question did you ever give acv by syringe ( to a duck) and how much to dilute it… i’m trying to give cookie duck some apple cider vinegar. I put some in all the drinking buckets however ducks prefer to drink from poopy swimming pools. I’m not about to dump a whole bottle of ACV into the pool every day that stuff expensive so I gave her a little by syringe this morning, trying to dissolve the mucus that she’s pooping out. I deleted it 50-50 and gave her one ML. I just wonder if it’s safe to do that again tonight perhaps wait till morning.
Sorry I have never used it. Hopefully someone on here that has will answer you soon.

Mallard drakes have been known to get three on one and drown female ducks. Could this be what happened since you saw the three drakes on the pond? My neighbor sees this all the time where he works as there is a big pond out front of their factory. He said it makes him sick but nothing he can do about it.
Definitely not the drakes! The three drakes were her entourage and Chaos knew how to handle drakes and she was strong enough to fight off any unwanted advances… It must have been a predator.

And i still don't understand how that mallard drake got stuck in that pipe.

I too am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can determine what happened so you don't lose any more.
I did my best and tried to walk around the back of the pond and found nothing. No paw-prints (not that i would have been able to spot them , even with red circles around...), no feathers and no sign of a struggle.

What issue(s) are you trying to solve by forcing a duck to drink vinegar?

Sad News from Big Chimney: It looks like Chaos Duck has been taken by a predator last night. 😭

As usual she insisted to sleep on the pond yesterday evening together with Mayhem, Walgreens, Stibbel Entron and some Mallards. Shortly after sunset they all ran up the hill and jumped into the pond.
At around 10pm, i was transplanting tomatoes on the patio, i heart a strange noise from up the hill. It sounded as if two cats were fighting each other, so i grabbed the flashlight and the machete and walked up to the pond. In the flashlight's cone i could see three drakes and a Mallard pair. Today morning, when i let the dux out, only Sunny Sunshine jumped on the porch to eat some meal-worms and Chaos Duck was nowhere to be seen.

Rest in Piece Chaos Duck. 2023-08-27 - 2024-04-22​

Very sorry to hear that :( It's a cut to the heart when loved creatures are gone.

Just a couple of days ago I mentioned that somebody was offering 30 birds to us when slightly under the influence. And yesterday I received a text message that almost all of the ducks and chickens were taken in the night, probably by a marten. Should have insisted on taking them in :(

Very sorry to hear that :( It's a cut to the heart when loved creatures are gone.

Just a couple of days ago I mentioned that somebody was offering 30 birds to us when slightly under the influence. And yesterday I received a text message that almost all of the ducks and chickens were taken in the night, probably by a marten. Should have insisted on taking them in :(
Maybe they were still under the influence when they said they all got taken. That's a lot of birds to just disappear. I surely wouldn't beat myself up over that one.

On a brighter note -- we have an early bird!! (will it catch any worms?)

It is Day 26. Yesterday in the evening I said well let's just do the lockdown a bit early, it can't hurt.

And now, in the morning...

photo_2024-04-24_10-35-39.jpg

Back
Top Bottom