unnamed2-2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2
  • unnamed2-1.jpg
    unnamed2-1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2
  • unnamed1.jpg
    unnamed1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
Sure looks like something isn't right with the eggs.

Don't give up on the 2 littles usually it only takes a few days of hobbling for them to get their legs under them right.

The crumble looks large for tiny ducklings try making a mash with some warm water and see if they eat it like that.

Yes, we're putting some in the water and making a goo, will also cook up some frozen peas and mash them. Plus they are getting a vitamin-mineral powder in their water and dry inactive yeast.

We also replaced the towel with a layer of the bathroom floor non slip foamy material. And they are running... tip tap tip tap... I just wish more than 2 out of 12 worked out but we're grateful for the two.

Last edited:
Our two little ducklings that hatched yesterday are thankfully still with us today. Peeping very softly. Will start receiving water and crumble today - they were not particularly interesed yesterday.

I'm a little worried about the smaller one - is it correctly developed or not; because as it hatched, another little blob of "something" came out of the egg with it. so I was thinking that possibly the egg was a double-yolker and there was a failed sibling? ... The eggs I selected were all of regular size and shape though.
It may has pooped into the shell. They sometimes do that right before getting out. - Has the first one pooped already? - And did your nose fell off?
full

I always thought you were supposed to use frozen peas thawed because of the salt content in the canned. My ducks won't touch them anyhow, just curious as I did try both types before and they just turned up their bills to them, lol.
Yeah! Too much salt, too much sugar, not too many carbs, less fat… I'm done with that! 🤮

I feed my dux frozen, canned and freshly boiled peas and they love all of these. They also love canned or frozen corn. For Blanca Duck i don't even have to remove the can or the bag, she swallows everything at once… 😉

These are treats! - Not their main source of calories. In the very same way that you won't become sick if you eat that bag of gummy-bears right now. But don't rely on gummy-bears as your only food.

Today is Day 28, the one when everything "should" happen, it's close to 11 AM our time and the remaining 8 eggs are doing nothing. All along they appeared fine when candled (red veining etc).

🤷‍♂️
Partience! - As long as the content of the egg looks dark and has not liquefied and does not smell there's a chance. These 28 days are a suggestion and the dux has a mind of its own.

You can see in the video that their feet are slipping sideways on the towel. Again my eggsperience from last year: Washing towels with fabric softener and drying them in a dryer makes them slippery for duxling feet. Try to set them down on the carpet and they will zip around without any issue.

Back
Top Bottom