@WannaBeHillBilly
You need to call conservation about those. They may come do something about them. They are causing problems here in MO too. It has even been on the radio to report sightings.
Oh yes, that went - sideways…
Called in to ask about black vultures and were immediately told that »Vultures are a federally protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. This means that the birds, their nests, and eggs cannot be killed or destroyed without a Migratory Bird Depredation Permit.«
The short answer to my question of how to get a permit was "You can't."
full

But: »It is perfectly legal to harass vultures and use effigies to scare them away.« - Where can i buy a 15' tall duck decoy? 🤔

Called in to ask about black vultures and were immediately told that »Vultures are a federally protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. This means that the birds, their nests, and eggs cannot be killed or destroyed without a Migratory Bird Depredation Permit.«
full

But: »It is perfectly legal to harass vultures and use effigies to scare them away.« - Where can i buy a 15' tall duck decoy? 🤔
Try Amazon:p

It is day 12 and they just grew enough so they can pop their heads above the plate and discover a new world.
If they were to stand on the top I think it would be no big problem for them to hop out so we're always putting a lid - mesh screen on top of the crate.
Good decision! - Ducklings are escape artists, i had them jumping over 50cm tall improvised walls, climb up wooden boards and chewing through cardboard. So fortunate they have not figured out how to dig…

full

I know they are protected.. but i thought they may do something about them...
Hell. Should have known better. Sorry.

I can't tell for sure from your photos but it's a good possibility

I know they are protected.. but i thought they may do something about them...
Hell. Should have known better. Sorry.

I can't tell for sure from your photos but it's a good possibility
Good news from here: No more vultures since early this morning. And wiring the electric fence to the top of the posts has turned out to cause some hilarious scenes with birds trying to roost there…

Back
Top Bottom