He's okay with out eating he absorbed his/her yolk put it down put a little on your wet finger and see if he'll nibble. I put liquid B complex in my ducklings water and nutritional yeast sprinkled over their feed.
How is the little one this morning @Jenbirdee
He is good starting to learn how to walk and eat 😍. and in the middle of the night, he was talking to himself in the mirror. He has four little stuffed animal ducks in there with them and cuddles up to them. I made a little mash with his food and he ate it from my finger. this morning I gave him two drops , one at a time, of the liquid b complex.
i checked the nest this morning when Trudy went outside there was one egg halfway open with a definitely dead fully developed Gosling 😢 I also candled the other two eggs and made a video I think they might both be dead sadly, but I opted to put them back under Trudy for another day while I get some feedback on the video. I’m going to post it here in a minute.

Indeed. I have never found anything left from a duck that became victim of a predator. Not a single feather, it is as if Beamy scotted them up.
That's what made me think you have 4 foot predators and not arial ones. Hawks will a lot of times pluck feathers of a bird before eating.
I'm not sure about those vultures though.
And then perhaps with yours being free ranged they may have chased the ducks to a far enough location before they caught them where you haven't found the feathers.

He is good starting to learn how to walk and eat 😍. and in the middle of the night, he was talking to himself in the mirror. He has four little stuffed animal ducks in there with them and cuddles up to them. I made a little mash with his food and he ate it from my finger. this morning I gave him two drops , one at a time, of the liquid b complex.
i checked the nest this morning when Trudy went outside there was one egg halfway open with a definitely dead fully developed Gosling 😢 I also candled the other two eggs and made a video I think they might both be dead sadly, but I opted to put them back under Trudy for another day while I get some feedback on the video. I’m going to post it here in a minute.
Your little gosling sounds so precious I bet you are enjoying him/her. Is the foot doing better? I did post on your goose thread

These guys https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/trees-woods-and-wildlife/animals/beetles/rose-chafer/ produce nice fat grubs...

photo_2024-05-09_18-58-24.jpg

his little foot is getting better but his leg is twisty 🥺 what else can i do
Dry (inactivated) brewers' yeast sprinkled over his food, finely mashed peas mixed in ... that's what we did with our poor under-developed little duck in the spring following @Miss Lydia and others' advice in the Quack Shack. Thanks again everybody.

For humans you can't overdose the B vitamin complex as they are water-soluble and any surplus gets washed out. It's only the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E) that can become a problem in overly large quantities. Hopefully that's valid for birds also?

Back
Top Bottom