The RE-Build of Les Farms

Here you go

since you get so cold in the winters you can add insulation under the plywood to help keep the chunnel warmer and not have the water sitting right on a super cold space too
Thank you! :) This is a great idea. Also a good way to raise water.

If I could pasture the goats separately from the chickens I would, but we have such a small area of cleared land (1 acre) that it just wouldn't work well. I'd rather implement something like this instead.

Now what would you do about the runs out the back? I realize the goats will be a pain in my rear, jumping up on the covered runs.. What would you cover it with to minimize damage, and ensure they didn't break through and hurt any unsuspecting chickens in the run?

make the runs tall, and never put ANYTHING the goats can spring board from to try and get over the fence. When ours get going they can easily jump hip high on me, but none can clear our field fencing unless they have something to jump from ontop of.

make the runs tall, and never put ANYTHING the goats can spring board from to try and get over the fence. When ours get going they can easily jump hip high on me, but none can clear our field fencing unless they have something to jump from ontop of.
The runs aren't anywhere near the fence line. Maybe 30-40 feet from it.

What is a safe height would you say? 5 feet?

make sure you re-enforce the fence line at their hip height with boards or electric fencing. They will push and rub on the fence starting with their front shoulders going down their entire body length. It can wear on a fence very quickly.

make sure you re-enforce the fence line at their hip height with boards or electric fencing. They will push and rub on the fence starting with their front shoulders going down their entire body length. It can wear on a fence very quickly.
We're doing 5 strands of electric. We've already placed our order, and 15 friends and family are coming over on June 22nd to help us fence it in. 48 posts, 15 feet apart, 5 strands - 715 feet.

I was told by Primier1 that this is the best option to keep goats in. Please tell me they weren't wrong... because I spent a lot of money on it in both shipping and the product itself.

This is the type of strands we ordered.

With this idea in mind. Minus the fence posts. We are using wooden fence posts (free).

I've ordered 250 wooden post insulators as well.

with this energizer. (as per their instructions)

lol yes the breeding pen runs. That is similar to how we are doing a new paddock for the goats. We have to use SS wire though because of the sun's wear on the type you are using. You have a great set up planned for the goats, but yes I would do something to the breeder (chicken) pen sides to keep them off of them as well.

I am sorry for the loss of your beloved animals and the barn. Your new plans are great and I anxiously look forward to seeing your rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom