The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
I listed pics of my Foley Line 12 week olds and pics of the 12 month old parents earlier on this forum. This will give you a good idea of what SOP is looking for in lacing I do not think that hatchery SLW's will ever compare to a good breeder who is trying to breed to SOP. I believe the post #'s are 56 and 71-73. Pages 6 and 8.

Some nice birds. Hoping mine turn out that good.

I'm so excited. :D I finally got some eggs from my girls. I had them since they were 2 months old. They are now 6 months old.

Congrats! These are my first Wyandottes and I'm curious as to the size eggs they lay. Any pictures?

This picture shows the new silver laced wyandotte egg next to a quater on the right. On the left was another egg that was in the same nesting box, not sure if it was a slw or speckled sussex that laid that one. It was a small egg about the size of my guinea egg. The guinea egg is on the far right so show size on the bottom picture.

HSC Morgans, if your 17 week old does not have lacing he never will, sorry.

I have found that my SLW's lay a medium to large egg like a sussex. My black australorps lay a large egg and sometimes a jumbo egg.

Handsome young feller.
This is my Silver Laced Cockerel that is 10 weeks old and one of the pullets that was fussed up about getting her picture taken. Notice the feathers ruffled on her head over the photo shoot. ha,ha.

Here is a pic of my slw chick at 5 weeks. doesn't mind being handled but wasn't wanting her picture taken. Camera Shy I guess. lol. Will have to try again for a better pic.

Back
Top Bottom