~The Skies~ A Pegasus RP (Needs Players! Please Join!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvorpingtons

Songster
7 Years
Sep 22, 2012
Backstage
Hello, BYC! I'm iluvorpingtons and I am BACK. Wooot! I've decided to start this RP after an idea for a story I was too lazy to write myself, so YOU can do the writing for me. Thanks for checking this out, and please join!

"Our kind came here half a century ago, seeking out a place safe from humans and magical predators." The speckled stallion spread his huge, feathery wings. His dark eyes glowed with an old wisdom, but his coat was glossy and young. "Here our grand sires and dams made their homes and constructed this great herd." He spread his dappled wings triumphantly. "We succeeded! We found are way to a paradise.
"But times have changed, my friends. We are the strongest of the pegasi, and I know we are all destined to lead. Our herd has grown too large and its quarrels too violent. We must change our ways! We must divide to stop the fighting."
The other horses, a black mare, an older, blue roan stallion, a fresh colt, and many more listened carefully to the other's plan. By morning, the winged horses had come to an agreement.
"We will separate our herd," they said as dawn broke. "Ailsen's pegasi will be divided."

In a far off land called Ailsen, the majestic pegasi, winged horses of myth, have grown in number. Here they live with no enemies but their own kind, split into three different herds. Every herd has special ranks and special roles for every horse in it. Weak ones are showed no favor, and every filly and colt is challenged from the start to survive and fight their way up the ranks. A great reward comes from this, though, and each herd is willing to fight to the death for its members.
The life of a winged horse is different and magical.
Who will you decide to be?

Our character page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-skies-pegasus-rp-character-page

Rules:
  • Nothing above mild PG-13 during fight scenes.
  • You cannot kill or cripple another person's character without their permission.
  • Your character(s) can have a mate and offspring. However, keep the love scenes PG rated (going a little over with battles is okay). And, uh, no huge details about the birth and...related stuff.
  • Horses DO have multiple mates, so pegasi can. You may stick with just one and one if you prefer that, too.
  • No invincible characters
  • No magic or superpowers, besides a pegasus existing, of course!
  • You can have as many characters as you want. Just please try to manage them all.
  • No other species then pegasi are allowed.
  • No instant healing. Wounds should take a fairly realistic time to heal after a fight.
  • NEW HERDS: You must have at least two players playing as the characters for a new herd. I will only allow an amount of herds that let's an even amount of characters and players into each one, so you may have to wait before I will let you start a new one. If there is a large surplus of characters in one herd, I may request a new one be made, but this is optional for the players and they can keep their pegasi in the same herd if they wish to.
  • New bands may be created at any time. Please don't use this as an alternative to the new herd rule, though. Bands shold stay small.
  • While fighting, one blow per post unless the characters fighting both belong to you.
  • The other player decides on the injury their pegasus takes from the blow
  • You may only dodge roughly ONE out of every FOUR blows. All other times your character must take some minor damage from the attack.
  • Be as realistic as you can with things like battles and finding food.
  • High ranks are first-come, first-served. You may reserve ONE rank at a time, but please create your character within 2 to 3 weeks. I will notify you and remove the reservation if you don't do this.
  • HAVE FUN!!
    smile.png

Map:

• The wild pegasi wander freely, so there are no set territories or borders yet.

Herds & Bands:

Herds are large groups of horses that live in the organized ranks of the Great Herd that first assembled itself in Ailsen. Most horses live in these herds, but some are cast out and, instead of joining new ones...

Bands are formed by outcasts or their children. They are small groups of only around five pegasi. Bands are almost never welcome near herds. They will often either split, merge with a herd, or merge with each other to form a new herd. They have no ranks and are generally based off of who is better at what when it comes to leading.

(Yes, I know I butchered the true meaning of these horse terms, but they've been changed to fit the pegasus ranks and plot.)

Herd Ranks:

There are the different ranks for the large pegasus herds. Each rank has a different role and a different level in the group.
  • HighGuide (2-4 in each herd): HighGuides are the highest level of horses. They lead the herd and have final say over almost all decisions. HighGuides are often the strongest horses of the herd, but they must posses enough wisdom to make good choices. Because of this, there are multiple HighGuides, a mix of smarts and strength to help do their job as guides to the herd. HighGuides have authority over the rest of the horses and can choose which horses must leave and when to promote lower pegasi to higher roles. To kill a HighGuide, Advisor, or Guide results in death.
  • Advisor (1-2): While they do not have the authority of the HighGuides, Advisors are valued and honored by the herd. They work as reasoning for HighGuides. Advisors must be the most knowledgeable or cleverest pegasi in the group. There are often two: one for strategy and war and another for guidance and knowledge of the land.
  • Guide (1-2): Below the HighGuides and beside the Advisors in rank, Guides work as back-up leaders and to keep the smaller parts of the herd in check. They attend to smaller details like feuds between different members. When a HighGuide dies or is knocked down a rank, a Guide will take their place after a battle of strength or wits between the Guides (depending on the old HighGuide's skill). If three HighGuides have died, an Advisor will take the next one's place.
  • Soldiers (Unlimited): Soldiers train to defend the herd behind the HighGuides. They are valued highly by the ranking system and must train for one to two years (depending on how good a fighter they are born) before they can become official soldiers. Pegasi who are not good enough for the rank after two years of training are knocked down to Unders and must prove their worth through an exceptional performance in battle. Killing a fellow solider, speaker, or Under results in banishment.
  • Student (Unlimited): A pegasus training to be a soldier or speaker. They are taught by the most skilled soldiers and speakers at this time.
  • Speaker (2-3): Speakers are lower than soldiers because of how they are not necessary for the survival of the herd. The job of a speaker is to collect as much information possible about Ailsen to aid the herd. They learn about things such as the healing process and strategy. Speakers may become Advisors if a HighGuide promotes them.
  • Under (Unlimited): An Under is a pegasus who has succeeded in nothing so far. They follow the herd as add-ons, omega horses, and must choose their path of life before a winter comes that they will be cast away.
  • Foals (Unlimited): Young pegasi who are too young to become Students. Foals remain under this rank until they are old enough to be without their mother.
  • Arrivals (Unlimited): New pegasi who are still settling into the ways of the herd.
  • Outcast (Not part of herd): A pegasus who has been abandoned by their herd for either committing a crime or for not being useful enough. Being cast out is not much of a punishment in hard winters, just a way for the herd to increase its chance of survival.

Joining Form:

Name:
Herd/Band:
Mate:
Personality:
History: (optional)
Picture or Description:
Other:
Username:

Herds/Important Ranks:

~Dusk Herd~
HighGuides ~ Comet (StarrNico), Tempest (iluvorpingtons), Star (ilovemysilkie) [No more Open]
Advisors ~ [1 Open], Cocoa (crazy4horses)
Guides ~ Speckles (ClucksAndPeeps) [2 Open]
Speakers ~Zenobia (Zinnia-Hen) [1 Open]

~Day Herd~
HighGuides ~ Jade (ClucksAndPeeps), Leaper (iluvorpingtons), Aithon (SilkiesForEver) [No more Open]
Advisors ~ Blaze (NightWish) [1 Open]
Guides ~ Spots (ClucksAndpPeeps) [2 Open]
Speakers ~ [2 Open]

~Dawn Herd~
HighGuides ~ Warrior (crazy4horses), Aurora (StarrNico), Ace (ClucksAndPeeps) [No more Open]
Advisors ~ Undine (iluvorpingtons) [1 Open]
Guides ~ [3 Open]
Speakers ~ [2 Open]

Bands:

~Call's Band~
Call (iluvorpingtons)
Negro Guerrero (crazy4horses)
Devon (ClucksAndPeeps)
Delilah (SilkiesForEver)
Destiny (ilovemysilkie)
[No More Open]

~Navy's Band~
Navy (ilovemysilkie)
[4 More Open]

Last edited:
( You did a really good job with putting this together. Although I'm already in way too many RPs right now, I think I'll join. )

Name: Aurora
Herd/Band:Dawn herd
Mate:none
Personality: smart brave and kind
History: (optional)
Picture or Description:

Other:
Username:Starrnico

Name: Ace
Herd/Band: Dusk Herd
Mate: Jade
Personality: Strong and wise, will fight if necessary.
History:
Picture or Description: A large coal-black stallion.
Other:
Username: ClucksAndPeeps

Name: Jade
Mate: Ace
Personality: Fiery, protects her herd with her life. Smart and inquisitive.
History:
Picture or Description: A medium-sized silvery-white mare.
Other:

Name: Miri
Mate:
Personality: Curious
History:
Picture or Description: A small coal-black filly.
Other: Offspring of Ace and Jade

(Thanks Zinnia Hen
big_smile.png
and everyone else has their character's accepted. I'm working on the article for character right now.)

Name:Star
Herd/Band:Dusk Herd
Personality:TBR
History: Her mate lefter with her 'foal' (optional)
Picture or Description:A large white mare
Other:none
Username:ilovemysilkie

Name:Snow
Herd/Band:Dusk Herd
Personality:TBR
History: was abandoned by her father. (optional)
Picture or Description:small white filly.
Other:none
Username:ilovemysilkie

Name: Ace
Mate: Jade
Personality: Strong and wise, will fight if necessary.
History:
Picture or Description: A large coal-black stallion.
Other:

Name: Jade
Mate: Ace
Personality: Fiery, protects her herd with her life. Smart and inquisitive.
History:
Picture or Description: A medium-sized silvery-white mare.
Other:

Name: Miri
Mate:
Personality: Curious
History:
Picture or Description: A small coal-black filly.
Other: Offspring of Ace and Jade
( I'm changing Jade and Miri to the high guides of Day Herd, and Ace to the to the high guide of Dawn herd, maybe the mate of Aurora with StarrNico's okay. Just for some variety. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom