The Story of the Crazy Chicken Lady

Well would you lookie there! Went to tractor supply to buy dog food... Can back with 5 bantam chicks, and my first 4 ducks! This is nothing considering I have 25 eggs in the incubator too... Yeah... Chicken math anyone? I better get started on that coop!

The duckies are growing so fast! The chickens still don't know what to do about them, lol. Meanwhile, the baby chickies are just chilling in the brooder. I have 11 eggs in lock down right now, and another 14 in the incubator. More chicks to come!

The new coop is well underway, and I will soon be able to fit twice as many birds! Chicken math! Yay!

It should be done tomorrow.

On a less happy note, if you've kept up with this thread, you know of the rescue pup that was dumped back on me. I tried, I really did, but I can no longer handle a dog,chicken, and cat aggressive dog in the middle of my zoo of animals, I love the pup, but I think it would be best for both of us if she found a only pet home, where she will be doted on and happy, and where I won't have to worry about keeping her separate from every other animal. Wish me luck in finding the right home for her
1f622.png

I love your stories about all of your chickens. I am getting chicks in a couple of weeks. They are due around 4 or 5 days now. I think I am going to get them when they are a couple weeks old.
I am so excited.

Well I have been checking in on here for a couple of years and I have wanted chickens for so long. It was just never the right time. I have them incubating right now. My grandma is hatching them for me. She lives in Indiana and she is coming down here. I am so ready for her to be here they will probably be about a couple of weeks old when she comes. We are having two easter eggers or olive eggers. One black copper Maran chick, and a black australorp/welsummer/black australorp cross. The dad is a black australorp/welsummer cross and the mom is a black australorp. And a surprise chick. Only my mom and her know. My mom raised chickens and I know more about them than her. I have read up on them for probably about four years now. I am only 11 but you can take my word about chickens. I love them so much I have wanted them since around nine or six and have been reading up on them ever since. My mom has raised chickens her whole entire childhood. Sorry about such a long post.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom