the sultan thread

Kiaa, beautiful birds! Thanks for sharing with us.

Nugget update: She seems to be doing OK with the flock now. I still find her hiding under the dog house occasionally and getting panicked when the other chickens approach her, but overall she's doing well. She's still been sweet as ever and peeps around my feet when I go out to the run. She'll fall asleep in my lap all the time now, nuzzling me when I pet her. I didn't think she'd ever get used to being handled, so I'm very pleased! Have any of you found that your chickens have become tamer when they get to the point of laying, or start laying? I can handle all of my layers now because they squat for me.

Italia, very nice chicks! keep us updated on them. I really want to see how they turn out growing up. i bet they will be nice looking!
I will absolutely keep you guys updated. I read through this whole thread looking to see if anyone else is trying to play with sultan colors. I am hoping more people will join in on trying this!

I have one Sultan chick that was given to me as a day old at the feed store. I'm mot sure if its a pullet ir Cockeral. Is there any sign to look for? It's about 3 months old.

Oh law I knew y'all would ask for that. We have gotten so much rain my poor birds are a mess especially the white. I will get one this afternoon when I get home. Just don't hold their dirty feet against me.

we dont care about dirty!!! ours all all that way right now too. well, except Clucks. Hers are always clean and shiney.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom