the sultan thread

:D IM GETTING THESE TWO THIS WEEKEND I THINK. I KNOW IM GETTING THEM THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!
They are molting right now though. So they don't look the best in the world, but that can be fixed. :)

Last edited:
So I thought this was cute... I posted this video about a month ago of our rooster just learning to crow. He sounded so pitiful but cute at the same time: And here he is a month later, sounding much better!
Hi, I am not new to BYC just new to this board. It has been my dream to have a sultan and I finally have a bator full of sultan eggs, after searching for a year and the development is good so I feel good about this hatch. I know don't count your chickens before they hatch. Literally! But I just wanted to say I have been haunting this board for almost a year. I love the video of the sultan crowing and all the other pictures and stories of sultans. I really am getting excited. Do you think it will be possible to keep more than one sultan rooster in the same coop without conflict if that is what I hatch? I want to keep all the babies I hatch boys and girls! I am greedy and don't want to get rid of any of them. Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.

A picture of LuLu and Miss Poofington! Sadly LuLu died about 2 weeks ago I though have about 20 eggs in the bater in hopes they hatch.will know come tomorrow when first round should be done.these are my favorites of all my chickens as they are super friendly and enjoy your company as much as you enjoy theirs!

Hi, I am not new to BYC just new to this board. It has been my dream to have a sultan and I finally have a bator full of sultan eggs, after searching for a year and the development is good so I feel good about this hatch. I know don't count your chickens before they hatch. Literally! But I just wanted to say I have been haunting this board for almost a year. I love the video of the sultan crowing and all the other pictures and stories of sultans. I really am getting excited. Do you think it will be possible to keep more than one sultan rooster in the same coop without conflict if that is what I hatch? I want to keep all the babies I hatch boys and girls! I am greedy and don't want to get rid of any of them. Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.

Yes. The only sultans I had were both boys, and most of the time they got along ok. We did have some sparring with our silkie boy, but no one was every hurt.

They key is going to be space, as I see it. I have 12 cockerels right now (no sultans) and they generally get along fine. 9 of them are bantams and roost together at night. Fwiw. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom