the sultan thread

I just purchased my first Sultans!! They are soo cute and soo sweet! We bought one rooster and one hen, she has an issue with her leg but gets around pretty well. We also got two of their babies and a couple of eggs. I'm hoping she will be comfortable enough in her new home that she will start laying soo. So we could have more eggs and babies. I am looking into perhaps adding one or two more hens from a different line. Any one have any eggs? I. Located I. gray, Maine.

Hi!
We have 2 Sultan hens and they both have random black feathers! I thought that it was weird but have since read that this does happen often! At least we can tell the two apart now!!

That's great! Lol! You should get offspring with the silver gene.

Is there a site that has more information about Sultans? I've looked online but can't seem to find much about them.

I thought that they were suppose to be all white?

Also who has hatching eggs? I'm thinking that I might add to the two I have.

I just have to say that I wish I had found these sooner. We are soo in love with our Sultans! Our rooster likes to dance for us and when he stops he looks at you, kind of like he's asking to be pet. Once you start petting him he just starts making the funniest noises. Our sweet little girl is just adorable. We've only had them for two days and our little girl has already continued laying. I thought it would take longer for her to adjust to a new place but she seems happy. The person I bought them from gave me 3 eggs to hatch. I just out them in the incubator today and now I get to add another.

Anyone know where I could possibly get a few eggs to hatch out? I'd really like to add to the two we have.

Back
Top Bottom