the sultan thread

Our first Sultan has hatched!! Well it's our first hatched here since I purchased my sultans about 25 days ago. So excited! We have three more in the incubator too. One is due to hatch tomorrow and the other two a couple days after that.

Does anyone have Sultan eggs or anything???? available. They are my favorite breed and mine are from Meyer Hatchery. I love them and would like to add to my collection and breed them. Mine are missing 1 toenail each I have been told it was because they were from a hatchery. Does anyone know how to possibly correct that? My kids want to show them in 4H next year. Not sure but thinking the toenail probably makes them not show quality. I've only been a chicken mom for a year and a half but love them and the enjoyment they give me. This is Ice I actually got him from some here on BYC. He is about 4 months old.

Does anyone have Sultan eggs or anything???? available. They are my favorite breed and mine are from Meyer Hatchery. I love them and would like to add to my collection and breed them. Mine are missing 1 toenail each I have been told it was because they were from a hatchery. Does anyone know how to possibly correct that? My kids want to show them in 4H next year. Not sure but thinking the toenail probably makes them not show quality. I've only been a chicken mom for a year and a half but love them and the enjoyment they give me. This is Ice I actually got him from some here on BYC. He is about 4 months old.
I have gotten my eggs off ebay. You have to keep looking if you don't find them right away. Everything changes from day to day on ebay. Depending on how many you would like. Purely poultry has chicks. Both standard and bantam. I think you have to get 15 @ $3.18 standard, $5.25 bantam. Bantams have free shipping. Best of luck.

Help?
My baby Sultan is nearly one week 2 days old.

It has a problem with pooping. It dries isn't an tangy and sticks to her vent and down. No parasites, yay, but, she is soon much smaller than her hatch mate.

Of course I don't really know of she is a she, but still.

I don't know of she is in pain or not. She had a poop, solid, hard, white. Can't tell if it is a healthy poop or not.

Here is a pic of her little, tiny butt. Do I take her back to the vet, or continue with the vetricyn treatment?

That's pasty butt. Soak it to get the poo off. No Vetericyn needed. Make sure she has plenty of water and can get out of the heat lamp. You can give a spot of yogurt to help, but mostly just keep an eye on it, soak and remove (then dry fluffy butt) when needed.

Back
Top Bottom