the sultan thread

Andi & Josh in the fantasy suite
Mavis and Marlon ... He's put her on the pedestal she is worthy of. Smart bird.

I am SO happy to announce that we have adopted (okay, bought, but they're still part of the family!!) 3 gorgeous Sultans. They're just youngsters, raised from chicks purchased from a hatchery, and so loveable, healthy, precious... and Mavis is no longer alone. She's surrounded by kids, but I think it's the first time she's been around other Sultans and she seems pretty happy about that. She & Marlon spent some quality time preening themselves - was cute to watch - "are we pretty or what?" She seems ticked that her head feathers didn't fill in time to meet her new beau ;)
I'll post again when they're all together.
In the meanwhile, I will be like a new mom tonight, listening for every peep - they're just chickens, right? (not) My husband acts like he's cool, but he will not be sleeping either. That's what I love about him.

My new lap Sultans. Freya and Frigg!
1f60a.png

Hi, Lynn! It's going great. I was in the process of posting pictures, but my phone wasn't sending to my email so couldn't get the photos uploaded - will try again today whe I have more time- but they're all together & getting along great ! At first your little ones avoided Mavis because she's much more active & I think they were a little scared of her but now they all eat from the same feeder and life is good:) They're so beautiful - it'll be cool when Mavis ' feathers grow back - Gary was talking about your pretty brown & black chickens - what kind are they?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom