the sultan thread

The Ohio national poultry show yesterday had some gorgeous black Sultans

Does anyone have any ideas on where we can re-home purebred Sultan white males one year in age. My son incubated and hatched them and we ended up with 5 out of 7 them being roos. They are sweet birds and while we are intending to use some as breeding stock five roos is too many for us to keep. We recognize how rare the breed is and would much prefer to give them to those that can appreciate them than the alternative. We are located in Massachusetts but are willing to drive them to a new home or ship them for a shared cost. Thoughts?

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Mavis, Cupcake & Creampuff will be escaping the cold, cruel winter in their new condo inside Dad's climate-controlled garage.
Cupcake & Creampuff having some dinner in the penthouse.

We bought a little coop at Fleet Farm to save our precious Sultans and ourselves the grief of dealing with the harsh Wisconsin winter & they're settling in great. What wonderful little characters - it's wonderful they don't mind close quarters and we have peace of mind in that they won't freeze. At this moment, the rooster (Cupcake) is sleeping in one of the nesting boxes, Creampuff is in her favorite basket & Mavis is on her perch. How can chickens sleep on a perch?

I just got my sultan hen on Sunday she was rescued from a hoarder so she is a little rough around the edges but she is slowly getting back to her beautiful white self and hoping to get a rooster for her sometime

I just got my sultan hen on Sunday she was rescued from a hoarder so she is a little rough around the edges but she is slowly getting back to her beautiful white self and hoping to get a rooster for her sometime
Don't think I have forgotten about your wish for a beautiful rooster. You are on the forefront of my mind daily. Mr rooster's story has gone to the press and the author just yesterday told me a great deal of interest is being shown The story will go to print this week. Watch the Forest Grove Leader online. I have trial set for Nov 18th at the Forest Grove Municipal Court. I'm considering taking Mr. Roo with me. Literally holding him the entire time I am presenting my case.
Thoughts?
The author at the newspaper will be doing a follow-up story after trial so I'll need to keep him until at least then. I have told him...OFF the record that I want Mr. to have a mate and I have someone who is interested to give him just that. I'm wondering, if this happens, and considering just how much interest remains with his story, His story might even follow him to Grants Pass. How would you feel about that!?

I water bathe my flock every once in awhile. I thought it would be an ordeal when in fact, they all seemed to enjoy it!
I use three tubs, I use the Sterlite rectangle deep chicken size. To the first tub I use warm water mixed with dawn soap. Others use Ivory, baby shampoo, castile soap, etc. Whatever would be fine....no need to go too soapy either way. I add blueing for white birds but not too much. 2nd tub again, warm water with 1 1/2 cups white vinegar to each gallon of water to cut the soap. In the third tub I use warm water with a tablespoon of lanolin to each gallon of water to add sheen.
Use enough WARM water to submerge at least most of the chickens body DO NOT SUBMERGE it's head! Wash the bird as much as you like gently with your fingers and use a cup to gently wash their neck and head. Use a soft toothbrush on feet, nostrils etc. I don't force anything! 2nd tub. Vinegar Rinse. Third tub the same with lanolin if you wish but without vinegar. DRY DRY DRY. If it is cold outside bring them in or find a warm place for them until completely dry. A couple of mine enjoy a blow dryer. A couple of them don't. IMPORTANT Cold is OK Cold and WET or DAMP can be deadly. Sultans are oh so beautiful when white and clean.
we will talk soon.
Keep an eye on Forest Grove Leader online.
Be well my sultan friend.

The Ohio national poultry show yesterday had some gorgeous black Sultans
wow absolutely gorgeous. I have heard of them and seen the on line but was under the impression they were not in the U.S. when I frist seen them I whent on a hunt to get some. But couldn't import.

Hi

Where was that show and were they selling them? Any Sultan Hens?

thank you
wow absolutely gorgeous. I have heard of them and seen the on line but was under the impression they were not in the U.S. when I frist seen them I whent on a hunt to get some. But couldn't import.
Hi

Where was that show and were they selling them? Any Sultan Hens? I miss that oh wow.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom