the sultan thread

Hey, all you Sultan people, I have a question! Our parent Sultans' feathers are pure white, and we hatched 4 of their chicks - 2 are all yellow, 1 is almost all yellow with a few dark feathers & 1 is much more dark than the others (I'm including pics of the dark one & a yellow one so you see the difference). Does that predict adult coloration? Does that indicate another breed got in there somewhere along the line (we only have the white Sultans, so no chance of a rogue rooster or something).
Please let me know what you think! These little ones are so cute & each has a distinctive personality.
[/URL]
You got a sneaky neighbor rooster!
lau.gif

Actually, that's normal...Our recent baby, that we know is pure, came out pretty much grey, not wht or ylw as the others, definitely grey, now he's turning...

Ok - that's interesting! Thanks for responding!
Yes, I'd suspect a visiting gigalo rooster, but our 3 have been locked up all winter, so no chance of that! Live the emoticon, though!

My understanding on the Sultan white is that there are some differing DNA, but the grey/silver looking chicks usually have the nicest white/feather as adult... I don't have sultans or have ever had them, just something I read on them... so take my comment with a pinch of salt as I can not confirm it from experience.

My understanding on the Sultan white is that there are some differing DNA, but the grey/silver looking chicks usually have the nicest white/feather as adult... I don't have sultans or have ever had them, just something I read on them... so take my comment with a pinch of salt as I can not confirm it from experience.

I'll need to do some reading! Thanks! It will be fun to see how they turn out, and in the meantime it's nice to be able to tell them apart by there colors.

Back
Top Bottom