the sultan thread

She is wonderful!
We live in WI & I've been thinking the same thing. Wouldn't it be fun if others interested would participate in an Eggschange? We could send each other fertile eggs in time for next year's Hatch-a-long & see where it goes! If no one else is interested, I'd be happy to send you fertile eggs. Our rooster took Reserve Champion at the fair & mama got a blue ribbon (their son also took Reserve Champion of the Junior Fair:) )
I'd just ask you to reimburse me for postage. If others participate, though, it could be an even exchange & I'd send some to you at No charge.

She is wonderful!
We live in WI & I've been thinking the same thing. Wouldn't it be fun if others interested would participate in an Eggschange? We could send each other fertile eggs in time for next year's Hatch-a-long & see where it goes! If no one else is interested, I'd be happy to send you fertile eggs. Our rooster took Reserve Champion at the fair & mama got a blue ribbon (their son also took Reserve Champion of the Junior Fair:) )
I'd just ask you to reimburse me for postage. If others participate, though, it could be an even exchange & I'd send some to you at No charge.

That would be wonderful! Thank you! It'd be so much fun to see the thread overloaded with everyone's little cuties. :)

All the other girls had gone to bed but sweet little Fluff was sitting in the doorway enjoying the sunset. :)

Does anyone else's Sultans get such dirty little faces? I use a bucket with chicken nipples on the bottom for water. She really needs a bath! Not sure if I shared this story but for a long time she refused to roost with the other birds. She'd sit on the railing by the backdoor in hopes that we'd bring her inside. Then one day we were running late and when we went to find her, she wasn't in her typical places. My daughter found her and came in the house holding her, saying that she was greasy and smelled like bacon! Turns out she had tried roosting in the grease catcher for the grill. Yuck! We washed her but she still smelled like bacon until recently. :p

Last edited:
Here's my very first sultan. I was always fascinated with them growing up but my gramps never let me get one. I wish I had ordered more than 1 now that I got him (I'll refer to it as a he until I know otherwise lol). He's 4 weeks old tomorrow. Still young, but does anyone wanna take a guess on if I have a he or she? I hope a hen but I'm so attached I think I would keep him anyways. He's my biggest love bug. Today was the first time outside to play in the dirt but all he wanted to do was cuddle XD
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Here's my very first sultan. I was always fascinated with them growing up but my gramps never let me get one. I wish I had ordered more than 1 now that I got him (I'll refer to it as a he until I know otherwise lol). He's 4 weeks old tomorrow. Still young, but does anyone wanna take a guess on if I have a he or she? I hope a hen but I'm so attached I think I would keep him anyways. He's my biggest love bug. Today was the first time outside to play in the dirt but all he wanted to do was cuddle XD
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I'm guessing female but I think he may be too young to tell.

I'm guessing female but I think he may be too young to tell.
I think he's too young too. I'm waiting for his comb to get redder or some other sign off being a rooster but nothing yet so I'm hopeful. My polish and silkies are the same age and some of them are already displaying some rooster traits. I wish I had more sultans with him to compare lol. Either way I'm in love with this breed now

Back
Top Bottom