the sultan thread

We have a couple of chickens that came from what was supposed to be a bantam batch at TSC. My nephew (a 4-H kid) said they look like sultans. Both are black (with a bluish tingle in good light) but neither of them seems to have developed foot feathering yet (at 6 months old).

Here are a couple of photos of them. Anyone here think these two look like sultans or do they look like something else?

I should also note, they are definitely not bantams. They are only a little smaller than the rest of our girls.

Though I'm no expert, I don't think those are Sultans, they lack feather covered feet. Polish, perhaps?

Last edited:
We have a couple of chickens that came from what was supposed to be a bantam batch at TSC. My nephew (a 4-H kid) said they look like sultans. Both are black (with a bluish tingle in good light) but neither of them seems to have developed foot feathering yet (at 6 months old).

Here are a couple of photos of them. Anyone here think these two look like sultans or do they look like something else?

I should also note, they are definitely not bantams. They are only a little smaller than the rest of our girls.
Could be Crevecoeurs

I have a Pullet that looks very similar. She's a cream Legbar/ black Ameraucana cross.

On our 4th generation of breeding, using a WCB Polish hen X Sultan roo we got a "black" polish...The elusive trait was the cuff, it came thru on this one! All we need now is a complete hen to pop out and we'll be cooking with fire!...I'll get more, better pics soon...

My sultan is very difficult to bathe, so I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to clean her crest. Is it fine to leave it dirty? It's not effecting her at all I don't think, but it just doesn't look too great.

Back
Top Bottom