the sultan thread

Yesterday morning's little surprise ( 4 Golden Sebright's, 5 Lf Sultan's and 2 Pultan's). They were a little earlier than I anticipated (today or tomorrow) should have more Golden Sebright's Wednesday and this weekend.
I will try for more pictures today if I can without getting beat up by momma.LOL She is a first timer and is doing a great job protecting them.

Yesterday morning's little surprise ( 4 Golden Sebright's, 5 Lf Sultan's and 2 Pultan's). They were a little earlier than I anticipated (today or tomorrow) should have more Golden Sebright's Wednesday and this weekend.
I will try for more pictures today if I can without getting beat up by momma.LOL She is a first timer and is doing a great job protecting them.
today's updated pictures
The Sultan's did not want to work with me this morning.

My next round of sultan eggs are due to hatch on sunday/Monday. My incubator is packed full of eggs to the point I'm now thinking I might have to start scrambling the fresh eggs to feed back to the birds. I hate, hate the idea of wasting fertile sultan eggs. I keep hoping someone will go broody and I leave 4-5 eggs for them in the nest but so far, nope, no broody hens. And none of my other young chickens are old enough to lay, much less go broody.

lol that's their first time outdoors other than the road trip today. I had them spoiled and used mama heating pad for them since they were in the house. That idea from blooie is a lifesaver for loud chicks! I'm sure the little sultans will settle in quickly and be some happy chicks.

Thank you for the big beautiful blue legbar and EE eggs! I'm going to have to do some incubator rearranging to get all those lovely big eggs in there. :D

Hi everyone! I am new to chickens but managed to bring home a Sultan Bantam. I am so excited! I can't wait to learn so much from all of you! Here is Chicken Little, or Little for short. We joke that if it's a he we will have to rename it Scuba Steve because of those foot feathers! Those were the first to grow in and I think Little still hasn't really figured them out. We are now at 3 weeks and are very awkward looking...in the cutest way! Can anyone tell me if there is a certain eye color sultans have? Little's appear to be a blue or green color. It's hard to tell with how small they are but my other mutt chick has golden brown eyes and I can tell there is a definite difference between the two. Is there a breed standard? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom