the sultan thread

I trolled the entire internet and I finally found someone selling Sultan eggs! From Pennsylvania to California in 2 days! I'm letting them rest tonight then in the incubator they go! Haha...I have 6 Samon Favorelles hatching in a few days too!

I trolled the entire internet and I finally found someone selling Sultan eggs! From Pennsylvania to California in 2 days! I'm letting them rest tonight then in the incubator they go! Haha...I have 6 Samon Favorelles hatching in a few days too!
They look pretty good! :fl

I finally got batteries for my camera and plan to chase Milton around the yard tomorrow taking pictures of him. He's sultan roo over mille fleur d'uccle hen. I also have a pullet which is mille roo over sultan hen, she looks far, far different(she's hideous but in a interesting sort of way). Milton looks similar enough to Eddie to be a sibling but he's whiter with well defined black spots and less of a crest. As a chick he was white with a single black spot and no head vault.

My girls are laying very few eggs with the molt, but what eggs I'm getting I am incubating. It will be interesting to see what Milton does for the sultan gene pool. A young sultan roo is also spreading the love, so I will probably get pures and 3/4's.

6 of the eggs had intact air sacs. 7 had some degree of detachment so I've decided to place them in egg cartons with the turner off for the next 7 days so they can settle. That's what I was told you should do with shipped eggs that had detached air sacs. I'm kinda a newbie at this. My Salmon Favorelles were shipped and I didn't do that. They are on day 19 and only 5 of the 11 shipped were viable as of yesterday.

Last edited:
Milton and Ugly. Mille fleur D'uccle mixed with sultans

Milton is Sultan Roo over Mille Hen, Ugly is Mille Roo over sultan hen.

Ugly looks like the bearded lady

He's a very regal looking guy with that beautiful comb. It looks like a red crown sitting up there.

Back
Top Bottom