the sultan thread

This is "Beyoncé " we named it thinking it was a female but later on found out it was a ROO! but it was too late to change "her" name!! She comes when called! She's the first one to run up to you with warm greetings. Great for kids..he is bullied a lot by my red batam. So red gets time out frequently. My 2 yr old is actually showing "Beyoncé" and 5 others in the fair! We are new to the chicken life. It is a wonderful hobby.. they are quite entertaining.

Aww. That's adorable. I'm hatching bantams. Is Beyonce a bantam or a stsndard? Also, I'm looking to breed them. Who did you buy your eggs or chicks from?

The Fair registered her as a standard Sultan. I actually got her at a local farm store here called Atwoods. I went through every bin looking for 5 toes and fuzzy feet! I bought 12 only got 1 silkie and 1 sultan. The rest are batam and cochans. I'm looking for more female silkies so I can hatch. But can't find any at the moment locally. Maybe some folks at the fair will be selling some.

The Fair registered her as a standard Sultan. I actually got her at a local farm store here called Atwoods. I went through every bin looking for 5 toes and fuzzy feet! I bought 12 only got 1 silkie and 1 sultan. The rest are batam and cochans. I'm looking for more female silkies so I can hatch. But can't find any at the moment locally. Maybe some folks at the fair will be selling some.
he looks like a standard, my roo was much smaller

Oh my, I guess my bantams will be tiny! They're due to hatch in 11 days. Been trying to look for another breeder of bantam Sultans so I can breed these goofy gorgeous creatures! Hard to find. I found my lady by reading and trolling the entire internet! I found her by sheer luck out of Pennsylvania. I'm in California.

Oh my, I guess my bantams will be tiny! They're due to hatch in 11 days. Been trying to look for another breeder of bantam Sultans so I can breed these goofy gorgeous creatures! Hard to find. I found my lady by reading and trolling the entire internet! I found her by sheer luck out of Pennsylvania. I'm in California.
Good luck!! :fl

I've seen a few bantam sultan hatching eggs on ebay occasionally. Probably not right now with the molts coming in for Sultans (or at least for mine). Ideal hatchery also has bantam sultan chicks.

I found when I was looking for standard all I could find was bantam!

But the good news is that two of my pullets have started laying..yah! Bad news is my incubator is currently broken :(

Back
Top Bottom