the sultan thread

my sultans!

I live in IRAN.

that black chicken is KOSHIN.They are bathing
Very pretty birds!!

And welcome to BYC!!!
welcome-byc.gif

what a great first post

I finally have some chicks. It's been rough with the sultan hens molting but Ugly has laid me lots of eggs along with the very occasional sultan egg from one of the pullets.

Ugly is 1/2 sultan and 1/2 Mille Fleur D'uccle. Her mom is sultan. She only has 4 toes :( She's brown and greyish black and lives up to her name.
Milton is the dad and he's 1/2 Mille Fleur D'uccle and 1/2 sultan, but his mom is the Mille Fleur. He's fully equipped with all sultan features but he's lightly splashed with black spots.

Ugly and Miltons first couple of eggs have hatched (yah!). They look like twins, which I did not expect since I figured they may be this color or that color, nothing set in stone much less looking anything alike. Only one has 5 toes :( Both are black and yellow, mostly black with yellow wings, yellow spot on the nose area above the beak and yellow feet and bellies.

A sultan hen egg just hatched, 2 more waiting to hatch. It's also with Milton as the father (unless Charlie chicken(young pure sultan) managed to get a good top in on one). It has a head vault :) wasn't expecting that since it's a outcross with 1/2 father. While it's not dry yet, it does appear to have black fluff mixed with the yellow...Not sure how that's going to grow out. But YAH for the future. Chicks to watch and enjoy.

* that's not a beak deformity on the black chick. It has a mottled beak so the black blends with the incubator background and makes it look weird.
Creamy eggs are Ugly eggs. I love their color but as you can see they are not as white as a true sultan egg.

Disclaimer, Ugly and Milton are a side project for colored Sultans.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom