the sultan thread

Updated pic of my sultan chick, along with its friends! Its definitely different watching it grow and feather...

My 8 week old Sultan. I think and am hoping it's a pullet, but since this is my 1st of this breed I thought I would ask those of you familiar with them.
I'm still enjoying this crazy looking bird although it seems rather skittish as compared to my other standard breed large fowl. I currently have it in the hen house with some bantams and a pair of juvenile Americauna, she seems to be holding her own!!

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a boy. I see a hint of wattles. If the comb and wattles start turning dark pink in the next 2 weeks it's a boy for sure.

Hard to sex them sometimes. I have 6 nearly full grown in the back yard and I'm still not 100% of all their genders, some I know are roosters and some I know are hens but I STILL have a few iffy ones.

Sexing the pullets is harder than sexing roosters.

I'm about to get three of these lovelies as part of my flock! They are all the standard white, and will be straight run, so I'm curious as to if I'll be getting all roos, I sure hope not! I'll be posting back as soon as they arrive, and maybe you all can help me decide what I have! They'll be here the week of the 22nd alongside several Houdan and Polish.

I'm about to get three of these lovelies as part of my flock! They are all the standard white, and will be straight run, so I'm curious as to if I'll be getting all roos, I sure hope not! I'll be posting back as soon as they arrive, and maybe you all can help me decide what I have! They'll be here the week of the 22nd alongside several Houdan and Polish.
It's hard to sex them. Just to me, you can attempt to sex them by the width of their space where their comb grows. Hopefully with 3 you should get at least 1 hen out of it :) Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom