the sultan thread

Any suggestions?

I have no idea what one of those would look like... supplies are pretty limited at the local co-op
roll.png

The 1 gallon font with a red ring base around the bottom, most feed store or tractor supplies will have them. Mine do the same thing, I just dont have to worry about the cold here in s Georgia.
I have 2 gorgous bantam sultan girls, just need a good roo now, any body got one? Here's a few pics my wife played with, need to get some more, these are a few years old, and from our old place, will try to work on that soon!

bbbpolishart.png

bbbsulten002.png

these arent sultans, but very similar , bantam mottled houdans

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

Gosh are they ever gorgeous!
love.gif

I have one of those water cannisters in the main coop and the birds still get their wattles wet - I have messy drinkers!

In a month or so my sultan pullet Coco will join the main flock and then hopefully the "wet head" issue will go away...
fl.gif

Yep, that's the only problem I've seen with crested breeds, they like to get their hair wet, even with the waters they will still do it at times, once it gets wet, it tends to stay wet for a while as it holds it down instead of letting it be fluffy and stand up like it should.
Usually no big deal, but hard winters could pose a problem with them like you mentioned.

Wow! They are all so great. I love the punk Rock Hair do. They must have a reason for keeping that wet. To keep it back, out of their eyes?
hu.gif

Love the Molted guy. It seems everyone has white. Does anyone have Black? Do they have black skin like the Silkies?
idunno.gif

Has anyone gotten eggs? What do they look like? Color and all. Has anyone hatched any?
caf.gif

Still waiting to see an egg from Coco Chanel... the breeder said she was 6 months old and already laying, she's been here 11 days now and still no eggs
hu.gif

I heard they were like silkie eggs, small and white... about 80 a year.

Poultry Master, thems some AWESOME sultans! wow!

Last edited:
Coco is such a beauty. I wish she were mine. Louie-Lu-Li is to young to know now. But, how could he help but love her?
love.gif

She is getting used to the new place. My gosh being in a box and handled as she was, I'd say she is coming along for only 11 days. I wish you all the luck with her.
hugs.gif

I just love them all. Thanks for sharing the pics.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom