the sultan thread

Technodoll, the eggs are the same size as silkie eggs but whiter & more pointed.
I hatched one of Trinity's eggs (mated with my white silkie roo) and got a white sultan with a gray beak
and a sweet, docile disposition.
This is the offspring, Fez (hen):
4477_p1010224.jpg

Quote:
They exist in black, but all I know of are in Europe. I am going to work on some this year though, Have some beautiful black birds to play with, and seeing how I have no white roo, this will give them something to do with their eggs.
The bantam eggs are standard bantam size, dont know about the standard size, never had them, white skin,
As for the black project, my only concerns are the foot feathering, as it has to be extremely heavy to be true to the breed. Right now, my 2 girls, are nice and full, so was proud of that, and fortunatley, feathered feet is a dominate gene, so hopfully that will help with this croos, and maybe we can have some nice "black" sultans here in the states. It'll obviously take me a few years to pure them back up, and the cool thing is, if it works, this will make black, blue, and splash, along with the white.
Will keep yall posted with my progress, be nice if someone would come along and say, oh I already have some!!LOL
Would save me a lot of work. The only lady I have ever seen with them though was in the U.K.

Some one in the states must have a black. I will keep looking also. I think your project is outstanding. Like you said it will take a couple of years. all in all I give you a congrats for giving it a try. Keep us posted. I am really excited about the Breed.
ya.gif

Last edited:
Has anyone else cross-bred a sultan x white silkie?

If yes can we see pics please?

So gorgeous, I can't wait to hatch my own next summer or so!
love.gif

Quote:
I know the guy that has them. He doesn't let many out though cause he's still working on fixing the red that leaks out in the hackles of some of the males.

Back
Top Bottom