the sultan thread

Pics
If you post a bigger photo of your sultan, we'll tell you if it's a boy or a girl
smile.png

My pullet has a small, red V-shaped comb but it's much smaller than a male's would be.

You have to push back her headdress to see it though
lol.png

Fully agree, cockerels will be a nice V, the hems will be a lower case v, LOL, if any at all. I have 1 with a small one, the other is just 2 tiny bumps, and yep, they are hid well in the fuzz!

I hope I was able to remove the pic. They were not good. I will give it another go today. the more you guys describe the comb, the more I think Louie is Lulu. I need to wait until the sun is not in my face so that I can get a view. If I set out there with them they do all kinds of funny things.
yippiechickie.gif

I don't know what happened with that link?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html
woot.gif

I highly recommend this chicken chart to those who do not know enough about the breed of chickens they have or want. Having said that, with everything, there comes an opinion and that is what makes the world go around. It is better to be armed with some information than none at all.
cool.png

I love the looks of Sultans and the information about their disposition; however, my choices of chickens were made by living in the city. I am limited to five hens and no roosters.
tongue.gif

They, Sultans are not prolific egg layers and I need a food source. Two: they are small and I need and prefer larger birds to help avoid predator problems and adverse weather conditions. If my circumstances were different, I would definitely get myself some Sultans.
thumbsup.gif

Well the question of Lulu or Louie is solved. He is Louie-Lu-Li, Sultan of Peep Town. I just heard and saw him crow. By the third time, I think he was liking to crow.

Ladyhawke 1, I checked out the chart you recommended. Not much info there. Just the basic stuff. I am doing research here on this thread. BYC has some of the best info I have found, in my research so far.

Thank You all for the info and sharing your photos. Your birds are so stunning.

Technodoll, Coco and Louie-Lu-Li would make some stunning chicks. To bad we are so far apart. Have you gotten any more eggs?

I did find a breeder and I am on a hatch call.

Everyone have a great day.

Those photos are great! Thank You again:thumbsup

http://www.purelypoultry.com/cochin-chickens-p-329.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom