the sultan thread

Pics
yey for sultan roos!!

i have yet to know of anyone who has sultans around here...

Coco has given me 3 beautiful eggs the past 5 days, despite the frigid temperatures - I love her!

love.gif

We had a Sultan roo last year. He was a good boy-and very people-attatched. But he was also very weak. Sometimes I think to myself, Why did I get Sultans if I live with cold NY winters? Really, I can't help myself.
wink.png

They need to be watched a bit more than other breeds, especially because they are even less hardy in winter than Polish are.

I am glad I live in the desert. He should do really well. I have started a page in the Breed sub section. Check it out. Add photos of your sultans. Lets try to get as much info as we can out there. Like no Black Sultans in US. Really good shots of the comb, feet, 5 toes and skin color. When I started doing research about the breed, I was suprised at how little info there is about the breed. We as sultan folks can make this happen.

Please vote for Anne, she needs our help. http://www.exploremodeling.com/Contest/Faceof_ELF_2010/11857/Anne_Cushing.aspx

I
also found out how to tell if you have a Roo or not.
the info came from a BYC member.

Last edited:
Luie-Lu-Li crowed for the first time on Christmas eve. He really thinks that he is so grown up now. Just the cutest thing to watch. Puff ups his neck feathers, stretch his neck as far as he can and then lets it rip. I will have to say that he does need practice:lau

How is Coco doing? Are you still getting eggs?

I am still waiting for the hatch notice from a breeder. I want a Girl for Louie-LU-LI.

Hope all had a great Holiday.
thumbsup.gif

What is going on with your Sultans?
frow.gif

Last edited:
Oh wow that is great news - your boy is (almost) all grown up!

You must be thrilled
thumbsup.gif

Coco Chanel is doing GREAT, she lays about 4 eggs a week and is the most gentle, submissive, sweetest and cutest girl in the coop, we absolutely adore her!

I get my incubator next month so in the spring, I will put one of my white silkie roos in her pen for a couple of weeks and will hopefully collect fertilized eggs and hatch some Sulkies!

Everyone is doing great except one of my EE roos, who has been in the house for 9 days now... trying to treat his pneumonia with antibiotics but so far no success.

I hope he gets better soon...
hmm.png

Sulkies
ep.gif
That sounds really great. Keep us posted so we can follow how that goes.

I sure was thrilled. BatMan the Frizzle roo ( same age ) was standing right next to Louie, he never made an attempt to try. He did watch Louie very closely.

That is too bad to have one down. I hope he gets better. I just lost my first baby that I hand raised. Mr. Peep, he was special. RIP

Luie-Lu-LI will not let me pet or hold him yet. He will roost close to me and talk to me. Lili, my White bantam cochin and Pansy, a black Bantam Frizzle, will jump up on my lap and let me pet them. BatMan will get on my foot. If i try to touch him, he jumps off and runs away. Then he comes back. Fe-Fe La Rose, white Bantam sizzle, all come around me as soon as they see me and when I set with them in the pen, they are all around me. The do run around and play and take naps.

Back
Top Bottom