The Sussex thread!

Well it's been 14 years now in the poultry world and it's time to wrap it up age and my work scheduler in the way and I'm going to rehome my light Sussex flock there is as of the spring there was one cock one Cockerel free pullets I'm two hands I still have them if anybody would like to get started with a really nice flock of light Sussex founded on proven show quality English strains let me know I need them out of here before the snow flies they're good Birds it's just time to wrap up this paltry thing my email is a Three Rivers chick at verizon.net my phone number is 724 4 to 01358 these are pure silver light Sussex no other color jeans I really like them to go to somebody who will Preserve in that way and not just make them into coronations please know that you lose if you're serious let me know thank you Karen Ligonier PA in Western Pennsylvania USA

@a3riverschick
Karen,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're selling off your birds, but of course in life there are seasons of change. I get that. I have come to think of you as the Sussex expert (and I know others feel the same). You can always stop by this thread to get your virtual 'chicken fix' and share your wisdom. It would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck in whatever life has in store for you next.

As far as the birds, I hope you find the perfect match...... and I also hope that person continues to share pics & stories here. That way if any of us want a quality light sussex in the future, we'll know who to ask.
:hugs

Thank you Faraday .I'm not worried about money for the birds they just need a home. if I could find the right home I'd give them away. Karen

I posted this in a separate thread as I didn't know one already exists. I just hatched 12 Light Sussex chicken and these are my first chicken of this breed, so I had some questions.. Is it possible to wing sex them when they are young? At what age do they start laying eggs? I have some that hatched with black on their heads and wings, is this an indication of something?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/light-sussex-thread.1338975/

Here's a picture of one of my Speckled Sussex pullets, Rosamonde!
20200514_091955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom